• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from Abilene, TX

Reaction score
Been riding off-n-on since 1987. Spent a few years in the 90's with nothing but a motorcycle, then work took over and sold my last bike in 2003. Skip forward to 2017 and the addiction has returned with a vengeance.

Time has only permitted day rides, but it's not uncommon for me to cover 250+ miles on a Saturday ride. I'm looking forward to some longer trips this year including Guadalupe Rim (1st section of NM BDR).

Current bikes are a 2017 Triumph Scrambler, 2018 Tiger 800 XCA and a 2019 Triumph Street Triple RS.

If there's anyone in the Abilene area on here, please let me know. Lot's of Harleys around here, but I haven't found anyone that seems to love backcountry roads and empty highways.

Anyone passing through looking for local info, let me know. Anything from restaurants to roads, I'll try to help.

Since Abilene is relatively remote, if anyone breaks down around here I'll try to help as much as possible. I have a wide ramp and a 4x4 truck to at least get you to town. I'm hesitant to post a phone number, but I'll likely get PM's fairly quickly.

Pic of the Scrambler from last year after my son and I gave it a bath.

Such a good looking bike! :thumb:

There is a forum where people can post for help when on the road,

If you view that forum, go over to the top right corner and click on "Watch". You can then pick what kind of notification you want. I have mine set to email. So as soon as a new thread is started in that forum, I get an email letting me know. There are some other folks that watch that forum as well that have recovery capabilities.

:welcome: & enjoy! You need help riding 3 Triumphs :trust:

Such a good looking bike! :thumb:

There is a forum where people can post for help when on the road,

If you view that forum, go over to the top right corner and click on "Watch". You can then pick what kind of notification you want. I have mine set to email. So as soon as a new thread is started in that forum, I get an email letting me know. There are some other folks that watch that forum as well that have recovery capabilities.

Watching that forum now. Thanks!

Welcome, I do get out that direction from time to time. Did a solo camp run to just north of Cross Plains this past January. I'll post something up next time I head that way.

Back