• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from Carlos Tx

Reaction score
New from Carlos Tx Population me when I'm home. I like to ride Texas to see sites asscociated with the Texas Revolution. Come and Take It kind of stuff. And of course other places as well. It's just me and sometimes my brother tags along.

Oh, Suzuki 05 C90T

Attachments

• HalfWay.jpg
    HalfWay.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 75
Looks like you do a little motorcycle camping?

Not yet but I'm going to. I was loaded up for a Oklahoma trip and I added more days to it so i could ride over into New Mexico (just far enough to say i was there) then back east across Rt 66, then north into Oklahoma, then back down to Ok. City, then home. 1750 miles in 5 days. I had rooms reserved along the way.

I have thoughts lingering about a trip out to Ft Davis and might camp along the way. Just find a spot here and there that has a great view and is away from everyone.

Not sure where to put this post, so here maybe. I see there are sections for bridges and cemeteries here. I thought I was the only one that liked to ride to them. Over the last two years or so, to go along with my reading about Sam Houston and Texas Revolution stuff, I slowly made my way around the state to visit not just Sam's grave, which is not far from me, but his whole families grave. Finding out a little bit about each one of them was part of each visit, and seeing the markers and standing where they lay seems to make the stories more real. His wife is not with him because she died of yellow fever and the law said you had to be buried immediately, so she's in Independence. He has a daughter in Abilene, who became a postmaster. A woman in that job was un heard of back then. I talked with the guy mowing, and asked if he knew who's grave he was mowing, and he was surprised to find out. I've been to the state cemetery several times and I'll probably go back more. To see Tom Landry buried 25 feet from Stephen F Austin, well it doesn't get any cooler than that. A long weekend in Goliad was very moving. You can feel hat it's a special place as soon as you ride into town. And finding the old metal riveted bridges long since forgotten and left by their lonesome, waiting to tell a story to someone who would listen about the old wagons that once crossed there.

I've been on some Bonnie and Clyde riding adventures, to see places involved with them. Seeing the thousands of cars driving past where they are laid to rest an not knowing what the pass every day has it's feeling. Riding to the spot they were shot up at has it's feeling of something there.

So who knows where I'll go next. Might be Arkansas, might be way out west Texas

Not sure where to put this post, so here maybe. I see there are sections for bridges and cemeteries here. I thought I was the only one that liked to ride to them. Over the last two years or so, to go along with my reading about Sam Houston and Texas Revolution stuff, I slowly made my way around the state to visit not just Sam's grave, which is not far from me, but his whole families grave. Finding out a little bit about each one of them was part of each visit, and seeing the markers and standing where they lay seems to make the stories more real. His wife is not with him because she died of yellow fever and the law said you had to be buried immediately, so she's in Independence. He has a daughter in Abilene, who became a postmaster. A woman in that job was un heard of back then. I talked with the guy mowing, and asked if he knew who's grave he was mowing, and he was surprised to find out. I've been to the state cemetery several times and I'll probably go back more. To see Tom Landry buried 25 feet from Stephen F Austin, well it doesn't get any cooler than that. A long weekend in Goliad was very moving. You can feel hat it's a special place as soon as you ride into town. And finding the old metal riveted bridges long since forgotten and left by their lonesome, waiting to tell a story to someone who would listen about the old wagons that once crossed there.

I've been on some Bonnie and Clyde riding adventures, to see places involved with them. Seeing the thousands of cars driving past where they are laid to rest an not knowing what the pass every day has it's feeling. Riding to the spot they were shot up at has it's feeling of something there.

So who knows where I'll go next. Might be Arkansas, might be way out west Texas
Really cool stuff. You should post ride reports of each jaunt you make, post pics etc. Lots of us like doing stuff like this and will share tracks, campgrounds etc. in the story telling. You have some cool themes going with your rides!!

Looks like you do a little motorcycle camping?

Not yet but I'm going to. I was loaded up for a Oklahoma trip and I added more days to it so i could ride over into New Mexico (just far enough to say i was there) then back east across Rt 66, then north into Oklahoma, then back down to Ok. City, then home. 1750 miles in 5 days. I had rooms reserved along the way.

I have thoughts lingering about a trip out to Ft Davis and might camp along the way. Just find a spot here and there that has a great view and is away from everyone.
Make sure to ride the Enchanted Circle if your up north enough. Well worth it.

Welcome. Carlos is an amazing place… you have every thing nice - more cows than people, FM 3090, Kotts Cafe, M-Beaux’s and dirt roads🤩.

Kotts Cafe

I think your the only one to ever mention that. The best gravy and a handprint in a soft burger bun. I need to go back.

Carlos, TX. That sounds familiar for some reason!

Welcome aboard!

Howdy and welcome.
Looks like you've been places, seen things. :thumb:

Not sure where to put this post, so here maybe.
General discussion would be a generic place to start threads about anything moto.

Ride reports can go here

I don't think anyone is too picky but mods may move a thread if needed.

Welcome! My ex-wife is from Carlos and most of her family live in and around the area between Carlos and Anderson. A beautiful area filled with some of the most welcoming people I have ever met. It is my favorite riding area when I want to get away from Houston for a day.

favorite riding area when I want to get away from Houston for a day

Absolutely, Take 1375 West from 45, fantastic riding, then follow 149 on into Anderson

Also 3090 into Navasota

Back