• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New German Steed in the Stable!

Try lowering the screen before you try a higher one. In the lower position the air will flow over it smoother with less of the low pressure area on the back. You'll get air on you and your helmet, but it should be smoother air. Plus it will be cooler in the summer.

WoodB and TourM-
Great advice - thank you. That would save me money to put towards bigger pegs!
I will try lowering the screen next time out.

You would be surprised at how many low mileage bikes are out there. We just sold an R1200RT 2016 with 186 miles on it. He bought a used bike that he still has to break in!

Mosko Moto bags are great stuff and will mount on your existing racks. The engine is better with liquid cooling in the heads. I get a bit off my oilhead. But the cylinders and headers are right in front of feet. Enjoy the bike. They are amazing machines!!!!!

Finally out on the bike for the second time. Backroads to Burnet today; currently having lunch at Mama’s Home Cooking. Loving every mile so far.

Carried the owners manual with me everyday last week but never had the time to dig in so I still don’t know most of the bells and whistles. Need to learn the gps as well and will have to buy latest maps to upload.

Ordered the TT upper crash bars and bigger BWM pegs; they are in transit.

Dialed down the stock wind screen this morn per recommendations of Rusty and Scott.
Much better. The trade off is now full wind on my face and head, but it’s clean air vs the bit that was hitting helmet visor with the screen at full height.
Benefit of cooler riding for summer just as the guys said. Will see how the bugs on the face shield works out but liking it for now.
May still need to upgrade to bigger screen once fall comes round.

Will enjoy the rest of my ride today, then I will be hauling the DRZ to Junction Friday for some DS riding with the TAR folks.

Back