• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy from Conroe

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the site. Been riding pretty well all my life, mostly motocross with some street bikes here and there. Bought a new KTM 1090R last year and am having a blast riding the big bike on the SHNF dirt bike trails. I ride a lot with a buddy who has a 1290SAR and we basically ride the bikes wherever its legal and fun. 80/20 dirt/street for sure.

Robert

Welcome to the site. You wouldn't happen to be Walter's friend/neighbor would you?

Welcome to the site! I am just up the road in Huntsville. Just got in a nice 180 mile dirt road ride today on my GS. I occasionally host a ride, usually short notice (maybe 1-2 days out) as work permits. We usually leave from the North side of Huntsville at the Smiley's gas station at the FM 247/980 intersection at 9:00am. We go Northeast if I am in the mood for sand and West if not. Rides usually run 150-250 miles. I usually ride my 1200 GS Rallye, often with one of my kids on the back. My KTM 530 EXC is down waiting for some TLC. Pre-covid, we had some regular bikes nights on Thursdays in the Conroe-Montgomery-Huntsville area. Not sure when that might get going again.

Welcome to the site. You wouldn't happen to be Walter's friend/neighbor would you?

Yes sir. Guilty. :)

Welcome to the site! I am just up the road in Huntsville. Just got in a nice 180 mile dirt road ride today on my GS. I occasionally host a ride, usually short notice (maybe 1-2 days out) as work permits. We usually leave from the North side of Huntsville at the Smiley's gas station at the FM 247/980 intersection at 9:00am. We go Northeast if I am in the mood for sand and West if not. Rides usually run 150-250 miles. I usually ride my 1200 GS Rallye, often with one of my kids on the back. My KTM 530 EXC is down waiting for some TLC. Pre-covid, we had some regular bikes nights on Thursdays in the Conroe-Montgomery-Huntsville area. Not sure when that might get going again.

That sounds like fun. Hopefully we can all return to a semblance of order. :)

Hey all, new to the site. Been riding pretty well all my life, mostly motocross with some street bikes here and there. Bought a new KTM 1090R last year and am having a blast riding the big bike on the SHNF dirt bike trails. I ride a lot with a buddy who has a 1290SAR and we basically ride the bikes wherever its legal and fun. 80/20 dirt/street for sure.

Robert

Welcome. I believe we meet at Drifters Sunday. I was the guy bugging you about your tires.

Nice to meet you and ride safe.

Welcome. I believe we meet at Drifters Sunday. I was the guy bugging you about your tires.

Nice to meet you and ride safe.

Hi. Yes I remember, the guy with the Tiger 800.
If you feel up to some single track with your Triumph, or just want to ride some easy dirt/gravel, let me know. Always fun to ride with more people.

Welcome to the addiction...:rider:

You ride the forest trails on your 1090? :bow:

Nice choice in bikes, welcome to the site. Now get her up to Colorado :)

Welcome to the addiction...:rider:

You ride the forest trails on your 1090? :bow:

Thanks for the welcome.
Yes. i actually bought the 1090R with the intent to ride the trails. It's a challenge at times (deep mud comes to mind) but not as difficult as some would imagine.
My buddy rides his 1290SAR on the same trails so we spend a lot of time laughing at the looks of some of the dirt bikers we pass.

Reactions: my6
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes. i actually bought the 1090R with the intent to ride the trails. It's a challenge at times (deep mud comes to mind) but not as difficult as some would imagine.
My buddy rides his 1290SAR on the same trails so we spend a lot of time laughing at the looks of some of the dirt bikers we pass.

View attachment 267255
I've spent fourty+ years on those trails and have NO plans on taking my 990 on any of them. My old buds are still up there when it's open and I'm betting they've waved at you a time or two....:loco: lol

I've spent fourty+ years on those trails and have NO plans on taking my 990 on any of them. My old buds are still up there when it's open and I'm betting they've waved at you a time or two....:loco: lol

lol. That 990 was built for stuff like this. :)

Just installed a new Seat Concepts seat on my 1090, must admit it is much taller than stock. Time will tell, but it also makes standing much easier on my tired knees because you are halfway there already

The 1st thing I bought for my 990 when I brought it home was a Seat Concepts Tall seat.

Back