• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Guy from Russellville Arkansas

Reaction score
I made a solo ride down to Kerrville last week and ran into a bunch of TWT guys. They’re my kind of folks so I joined the forum. I enjoy a trip to Texas every once in a while. Most of the time I ride my Goldwing here in the Arkansas mountains. I added a Suzuki DR-650 last summer, so now I’m splitting my rides between the roads and the back roads. If you are planning a trip to Arkansas and need a little help from a local, give me a shout. If you’ve never ridden here, you should. A 4 day weekend is all you need.

New Mexico, US 64

Falling Water Falls. Newton County Arkansas. North of Russellville

Howdy, Donnie. Glad you made it.

Good meeting and riding with you last weekend.

I definitely want to get up there and follow you around a bit sometime.

Hope you make it to Glenwood with us.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I don't think I have ever seen that much water going over those falls!

Hey Donnie.....glad you decided to hang out & ride with the Strom A Thon & Supa Ten bunch this past weekend. I didnt get to ride with ya since you were tryin ta beat the cold weather back home.... But I kno you had a blast while you were down here. Next time you come down....look us up for some ridin....either bike
We'll do the same comin up to AR
...& thanx for the THC map purchase....(I sold my Ozark map to someone else) but I usually have all of the maps offered by Butler

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I enjoyed our visit, Rod. We’ll have to ride together some time. I’ve already got an Ozarks map. If I need another Butler, I’ll hit you up.

Sure great meeting you Donnie and welcome to the site. You fit right in as soon as you got off the bike. Hope to see you sometime up in Arkansas or next year back at Kerrville.

Welcome Donnie...

This is kinda awkward... but we usually go to Arkansas to ride. Haven't heard about folks wanting to come to Texas to ride much. ;)

Seriously though... welcome to TWT! Glad to have ya... and there are indeed some nice roads around these parts. But... Russellville is pretty dang awesome too! :)

Last edited:
Hey Donnie, glad you made it! Great riding with you, route was a blast.

Welcome, lived and rode in Arkansas for 15 years still one of my favorite places in the US to ride

Sometimes you just want to look at some different scenery. Every ride is an adventure and a trip to Texas has never been a disappointment. This time of year is the best time to visit if you can dodge the flower sniffers.

It was a privilege to meet the guys in Kerrville last weekend. The ride was perfect. Fast enough to be spirited but not stupid enough to have an unpleasant ending. I look forward to opportunities to ride with you all again. Come on up to Arkansas and I’ll show you some crooked roads.

@Donniejoe must have been good in a previous life to live in motorcycle heaven!
Welcome to the forum.

:welcome: & enjoy! Always like riding in Arkansas :sun:

You've got a great Honda dealership in Russellville; bought my Africa Twin there. Welcome to the site.

You've got a great Honda dealership in Russellville; bought my Africa Twin there. Welcome to the site.
Honda of Russellville is a great dealer. I’ve bought 3 bikes from them and my experiences have been great. No one can beat their prices and their sevice has always been good.

I have had the chance to ride in Arkansas and I loved it!
I'm not sure Texas can be fairly compared with it but you may still find plenty of things to enjoy while it's snowing in your neck of the woods.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome.
There are a great bunch of people on this site. I love riding in Arkansas. Matter of fact I'm headed there Wednesday for the Arkansas 500.

Back