• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Husky 2 stroke!

My vote is you buy the 450 xcf, and after a couple of months when you sell it I buy it.:lol2:

Actually I am a year away from buying another bike, but the new 450 xcf is pretty much my dream bike.

Well not sure, but I value your opinion and leaning that way myself!

No fair. That is the same reason I suggested the 300 RR. Lol

_

As stated I'm staying with my friends inventory, not to mention, no clue where a Beta dealer is. And resale has to be tough. But thanks!!!

Well not sure, but I value your opinion and leaning that way myself!

Like we were talking about in another conversation, my "new engine 450" frame of reference was a new Husky 450 that I rode. The engine was amazing--pulled from down low but was fast though the rev range too. This bike had a full Rekluse on it. Never flamed out on me once.

I just could not get over how light that bike felt. It was a true revelation. It felt like riding a 250F or even a 250 two stroke as far as the handing and turning.

My 2013 450 that I own is very similar in pull NOW, and I put the emphasis on now, because it was near-unrideable on the trails stock. I had to add a 12 ounce flywheel weight, and have a full FMF system with actually a more-restricted muffler (due to a spark arrestor and a dB killer) than stock. Now it feels very similar as far as engine pull to the 2017 (the 2017 is still faster mid-top), but the chassis and handling is not close to the new ones.

You have owned the new four stroke chassis already so you know what that feels like.

That Beta looks sooo sweet. They'd get my money... if I had any.

All I know is that I love 2 strokes!!! SuperX, MX with 4 strokes=Boring.
The sound, the bouquet... has been missing for too long.
Anybody remember Klotz? Castrol R is right there with a Plumeria Lei.
Sooo sweet. RH

You know much about them?

Some, I've been following them since the Xtrainer press release in 2014. That was their first bike with electronic oil injection. I was all set to buy one brand new as msrp was a reasonable $6,800 but found the great deal on the new Tenere so bought that instead since already had a 300EXC. Then the big boy 300RR got oil injection in 2016 and has a kick starter also (Xtrainer doesn't but can be added). The oil injection is a big plus for me. I have 3 friends out of state with new Beta 2T's and all very happy with them and zero issues. Have yet to read anything bad about them either. The dealers sell all they can get their hands on so hard to find one on the showroom floor. Have yet to find a used one for sale either which is a good indicator. There is a dealer not too far from you in Montgomery, Big Country Motorsports. Mainly an ATV dealer but I've talked on the phone a few times and they are very helpful and knowlegdeable about the models. I know of one TWT'er "Woody" that bought a 300RR last year but he doesn't post much.

_

CRF450RX will be in Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing what's it like. I need to ride!

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 222
Starting to show up.

Attachments

• 1483761283973.jpg
    1483761283973.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 239
agree, hope to see it in person tomorrow.

I don't know, wishing someone had a ride report somewhere. Just not any out there. Worried about forks more suited to mx and what the tendency to flame out is. Had a Rekluse on the 350 but really not wanting another. Might come home with a 300 xc or xcw.

My vote is you buy the 450 xcf, and after a couple of months when you sell it I buy it.:lol2:

Actually I am a year away from buying another bike, but the new 450 xcf is pretty much my dream bike.

John, time is near! I have a guy that will let me know next weekend if he can swing it. If not it's for sale. Going with a 300 W model like I should have in first place. This is a lot of bike! lol

lol, not sure but it might go away. It's actually a great bike.

Back