• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New in Town

Re: Time to get started

Ok GsxrGrl,

You And Rydah are ready to get started . :clap:

Let me know when yall wanna come down and pick it up .

I just talked to Rydah. We can be there around 6pm Thursday. Does that work for you?

As of now , Everything looks like a go on my side , but having 2 chillrens , anything could pop up , :brainsnap

So Yea , lets go with that unless something changes on either sides .

bigman77551@yahoo.com

9 trey 9-sebum sebum ZERO trey

email , txt , or call , if something screws yalls plans up .

Shoot me the same info either here or PM also.

Now, ya know, we are demanding pictures ... if there ain't pictures, it never happened.

weekday stuff could be overwhelming for someone new to this level of traffic.

new? I'm pushin' 60 and it still scares the bejeebers out of me!
I ride under the assumption that every one in a cage is a drunken homicidal maniac that hates motorcycles and is out to kill me.
extreme? perhaps. but it keeps me on my toes.

have fun with that old Honda!
especially if the next one turns out to be the CR. :eek2::lol2:

How's the Riding instruction going ????

Tell us all how you've been doing on 2 wheels up to this point .:shrug:

Hopefully everything been going smooth for you ?

You bout ready to jump on 1 of J's 500's yet ? :eek2:

Enquirey Minds wanna know the scoop . :deal:

FILL US IN UP TO THIS POINT GsxrGrl .

Maybe Santa delivered your dream bike yesterday . :pray:

I haven't had time to ride with the Holidays and the new job but I am definitely going to focus on it after the New Year. Thanks for being so patient about me having your bike.

There will be pictures once I get on it and get comfortable. Ya'll don't need pictures of me falling off. :P

I haven't had time to ride with the Holidays and the new job but I am definitely going to focus on it after the New Year. Thanks for being so patient about me having your bike.

There will be pictures once I get on it and get comfortable. Ya'll don't need pictures of me falling off. :P

Well, as a noob, you should know that the most important pictures are the ones with you "falling off". Let's have them! ;-) I can almost guarantee each and everyone of us have a few. ... not of you ... I mean, of us falling off our bikes.

I made the crash and burn section of Midwest Motorcycle (District 22 MX racing newspaper) a couple times.
we used to think that was so funny.
now the bones and joints remind us every day.
:doh:

Been a while since I did an update and you guys are more than owed. So Darmie and I had another lesson today and I actually got on the bike and got moving. We practiced 'smooth' which meant I got to roll back and forth within the distance my legs would let me go with feet still touching the ground, a little gas going forward, none going back. From there, we practiced going forward with the gas very slowly and smoothly and I got some decent distance and as much speed as Darmie would allow me. More tomorrow and I'm going to get Darmie to take pictures.

Been a while since I did an update and you guys are more than owed. So Darmie and I had another lesson today and I actually got on the bike and got moving. We practiced 'smooth' which meant I got to roll back and forth within the distance my legs would let me go with feet still touching the ground, a little gas going forward, none going back. From there, we practiced going forward with the gas very slowly and smoothly and I got some decent distance and as much speed as Darmie would allow me. More tomorrow and I'm going to get Darmie to take pictures.

Vidieo even better , :eek2:

just to make sure that your not propped on something just for a pic .:trust:

Was talking with Bigman and he was wondering if there were any updates? :confused:

No updates really. I need to get that bike back to him. Anyone with a truck have time to help me with that any time soon, please?

Well , it seems that the 6 or 7 months that you and your instructor have had access to a bike for learning purposes , even if its just 1 hour per week, would put you at 28 hrs of learning . My opinion on the hours of seat time , if you actually logged it , your ready to rock and roll to the next bigger and better thing .

But more than anything , I really thought you would keep everyone following this thread about you learning experience and what you liked and / or disliked about the learning process .

A little disappointing to me , or actually , alot disappointing to me that not 1 time that takes a few minutes of up-to-date progress was posted .
Even if the post was I had no time this week , will try again next chance I get .

Anyway , like I said , I'm not mad , or angry , or have any hard feelings at all .

Just very disappointed .

So from today forward , I'll just do the:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
munching till I hear an update .

I sincerely apologize for disappointing you. A lot has happened in the past few months that I had not anticipated. Some of it is still ongoing. I will do my best to get your bike back to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your patience and generosity. They have been very much appreciated.

Welcome aboard! There's only about a k GSXRs for sale around the Houston area. Pick your machine & come ride with TWT

***UPDATE***

So I'm a bit later than I planned but here is the update, as promised. My instructor and I borrowed a pick up truck on Sunday afternoon to pick up the bike. I live in Webster, my instructor lives in League City, the truck lives in Pearland, and the bike was staying in Clear Lake. So, LOTS of driving around on Sunday. We also used the truck to run another errand my instructor needed to take care of. Long story short, after much shenanigans, we did not get the truck returned and back to my instructor's place until almost 10pm. We started our day at 2. We got the bike started and made sure it was running well. My instructor is going to put a little gas in it. We were both exhausted so I did not get on the bike this time. However, we did get the bike moved to its new location. My instructor and I are hoping to get a lesson in this weekend but we have plans Saturday night for the 4th so it will depend on that. Either way, you will get your promised update.

Thanks again, Marko!

Yeah, I'm excited. I don't know how much time we'll have this weekend or if the weather will cooperate but I'm hoping the planets align properly so I can get some pics and video posted. :flip:

***UPDATE***

Very short update for now. My instructor and I made plans for a lesson for tonight but I didn't even make it out of the parking lot of my apartment complex. I have a flat tire. My instructor is coming by tomorrow to help me change out the tire and we're going to try to do a make up lesson later this week.

Careful of that "instructor"; next thing you know, he'll have you riding one of those weird Italian bikes with the sideways mounted motor. :rofl:

Good luck!:rider:

Maybe I like weird Italian bikes. :P

Sorry it's been a while since I updated. My instructor was out of town last weekend. We did try to have a lesson today but unfortunately, the bike kept stalling before we could really get it going. We did have lots of laughs and I got a TON of practice trying to start it so I think I have that part down. We concluded that it just needs to be ridden more so my instructor is going to try to take out one afternoon this week.

Also, I have pictures for you all!

Bike%20Pic%203%207-19-15_zpsssq9bkeo.jpg

Bike%20Pic%202%207-19-15_zpsas9k42fs.jpg

Bike%20Pic%201%207-19-15_zpsdkpk9nsr.jpg

The smile in the last pic trumps whatever was going on in that middle pic!

Keep at it, girl, you'll conquer it yet!

Back