• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New job

Aspear

Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hastings
Starting a new job today, in the same industry with a 50% pay increase. Lots of room to grow and learn more skills. But very nervous because even though it isn't alot of money by most standards, it's more than I feel I deserve and ill really have to prove myself.

This is the first firm I've worked for that actually sent me an offer letter after the interview. Better benefits, they only do the type of projects I like, none of the ones I don't, will fully support me in going to school and working towards obtaining a license in my field.

Only downsize is I'm going from a 60 mile round trip commute back to a 120 mile round trip commute.

I'm very fortunate to be able to not only maintain a job in this time but also be able to make a move for the best. God provides as long as you stay close and do his work well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Congrats Samuel, good things happen to good people. 120 mile commute is no big deal large mug of coffee on the way in time to think and plan your day, and
a nice ride home in the evening to unload the days thoughts so only family matters when you get home.

Congratulations. You are worth what they will pay and most likely more. Never feel like you are not earning your pay, if you do the work assigned and do your best work, I would wager the pay will increase. Moving forward is always work, that doesn't seem to bother you, go get them sir.

Sounds great, I am sure you will knock it out of the park.
As far as the pay goes, a lot of employers are having a issue just getting folks to show up.

Congrats on the new job. I've been doing 100 mile round trip for 30 yrs. You get accustom to it and it is just routine.

Congrats and good luck in your new job.
I see lots of cruise control usage in your commute....

Congrats on your new job! Sounds like a great opportunity! Not sure what your field is, but good luck. If they pay for school and licenses that's always a bonus. Get some good audio books or podcasts for the commute.

Congratulations. In my career(s), I never started a new job without going through a period of apprehension - well, terror sometimes - about new responsibilities, the learning curve ahead, & second-guessing myself as to whether I made the right decision. Somehow I survived every job transition and ultimately, I never looked back & thought I made a bad decision. You'll do great.

Congrats and good luck in your new job.
I see lots of cruise control usage in your commute....

Unfortunately the cage doesn't have it!

Congrats on your new job! Sounds like a great opportunity! Not sure what your field is, but good luck. If they pay for school and licenses that's always a bonus. Get some good audio books or podcasts for the commute.
I'm in land surveying

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Samuel you will do fine. I commuted 100 miles a day for 10 years. I lost two hours a day which I got used to, but in the winter it was dark when I left and nearly dark when I got home. I had some good radio stations I would listen to and a coffee cup holder. At the last the traffic was horrible even on the toll road, which cost me a hundred a month, but was worth avoiding a lot of lights. If you don't need your truck for work consider an economy car. Yes; God opens doors no one can close and closes doors no one can open. God opened this door for you and we give him thanks as you walk through it to be a blessing and to be blessed, in this new beginning.

22e9a386e7429965190cfe3bc9dc06f7.gif

Congratulations! That’s a whopper of a commute but you’ll get used to it in no time.

Like I jokingly tell all the new hires at my part-time gig at Autozone

“ just don’t come back from lunch drunk and All will be fine”

(yes, we have had that happen)

😄

Hey Samuel 👍👍
You've come a long way with some bumps in the road. Good luck with the new gig.

Back