• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Lenses--Minolta Vintage

drfood

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Gerdes
Friday Jay and I went to Goody's in downtown McKinney. It's a candy store, but the owner has a corner where he sells vintage equipment, film, and gives advice [emoji16]

We found 3 Minolta Rokkor lenses that we need to play with next weekend. All 3 are in excellent condition. Only $50 total. I'm very happy..

Will post pictures after next weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Which rokkors? Any X?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which rokkors? Any X?

Here's what we got--

• Vivitar 200mm f3.5 (paid $10)
  • Minolta MD Rokkor-X 45mm f2.0 (paid $30)
  • Minolta MC TELE Rokkor-PF 135mm f2.8 (paid $10)

I really wanted the 45mm because of everything I had read about the lens. So far just playing I really like it. The other 2 I couldn't pass us because there were in almost "like new" condition.

There are a lot of capable Rokkor-X out there, $30 is great.
Glad you didn't say the Vivitar is a Series 1 (that should be f/3)
Else it'd trigger a manual lens hunting relapse on my part.

Looking forward to images from the 45/2.0, would be a great portrait lens on a m4/3 body.

Did you see any similar Olympus Zuiko lenses?

Wasn't paying attention to the other brands, sorry. Was fully engrossed with the Minolta glass. And hearing the stories he was telling about his past life as a professional photographer.

The really cool thing is he sell's REAL film of multiple types....including SX-70 film in B&W and Color. We're going to take our SX-70 up there in October to see if it still works.

He also offers developing services for 35mm and 120. I really want to shoot a roll of Ektachrome (yes he sells it) and see how good he really is.

There are a lot of capable Rokkor-X out there, $30 is great.
Glad you didn't say the Vivitar is a Series 1 (that should be f/3)
Else it'd trigger a manual lens hunting relapse on my part.

Looking forward to images from the 45/2.0, would be a great portrait lens on a m4/3 body.

He did have a couple of Series 1 zooms (I believe they might have been 70-210). Good pricing too.

Never shot Ektachrome.
I was so happy with Velvia, I didn't look elsewhere.
I need to just go take more pictures and not drool over good old film equipment....again

Back