• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Look Comments -- [thread from when we changed from phpBB to vB back in 2005]

Ch ch ch ch changes...turn and face the strange.

I'll adapt, I always do. Let's go ride motorcycles.
How do I do the big dummy grin here ? Whatever.

What links where you hitting to still get that old message? Most any of the old links should have refreshed and tossed you over to the new home page ... don't know why you didn't get in until now.

Just a clarification... When it says how many new posts there are, is that different than the number of threads with new posts?

For example: It says I have 28 new posts, but there are only 11 threads listed in the "New Posts" search. Am I to understand that within those 11 threads there are 28 individual posts that I've not yet read?

I know, I know, what the heck do I need to read EVERY post for.... :shrug:

Brian - are you using a bookmark? I know that I have had a change a few of mine when the sites were converted over.

Nice new look Scott I am sure you guys burned plenty of midnight oil tweaking it works great

Squeaky said:
For example: It says I have 28 new posts, but there are only 11 threads listed in the "New Posts" search. Am I to understand that within those 11 threads there are 28 individual posts that I've not yet read?

Exactly.

Charlie, I stay logged in all the time. I run Firefox and have a tab dedicated just to TWT. When I got on about 0530 I clicked on GENERAL to just refresh the forum and got that message.

When I got home at 1800 I did the same thing and then started clicking each of the items on the screen (TWT Store | TWT Chat Room | FAQ | Memberlist | Usergroups | Search | Profile | You have no new messages | Log out [ Texas T ]) and the same screen would refresh with that same message until I hit Log out which then brought me to the new board.

bluedogok said:
Brian - are you using a bookmark? I know that I have had a change a few of mine when the sites were converted over.
Scott, I just hit my bookmark for TWT and it did bring me to the new board, but I'd imagine that's because I'd already logged out from the old one.

sweet upgrade.. looks kinda like the sporttouring forum now.

I would suspect the login issues are cookie related. Sine both sites are using twtex.com for the domain, the cookies may have the same name. To be sure, one would need to whack the old cookies and start from scratch.

Funny to read the reactions here from the first major upgrade to TWT. When I first started the forum, it was running the phpBB forum software, which was free. I finally decided to make the jump to vBulletin because it had better support and was the big platform of the day. Just as with this last changeover, I had a LOT of help from a few TWT members back then. That change really set the tone for TWT for the next 14 years!

How many folks here today even remember this?

This is what I've seen for the last 12 hours or so...
"Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

If I hadn't gotten a wild hair and decided to click on every option on the page I never would have found this place, but the last thing I clicked was "log out" and bingo, here I am. I'm curious as to how many other people are going to see that message and just accept it as the board being down for maintenance?

I know I started in 2005 so this would have been one of my very first posts to the board. "member 827" I assume that means I was the 827th person to become a member since the board's inception? If so, what member number are we up to now?

Back