• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

New Meet Spot in Austin - Hot Rod Coffee Trailer

I'll stop by next time I'm in town, but I'll have to take the 26 to the 820 to the 35 just to get to the 183.

OCMA

What a fun afternoon - we started at Billy's and Scott had a good suggestion afterwards for us to head to the newly opened Hot Rod Coffee Trailer, so we re-grouped at Ken's for an afternoon of sippin' gourmet coffee. Good Stuff!

To Ken: we really enjoyed stopping by - it was a beautiful day, and Sam and I gulped the hot chocolate - Excellent! (Next time I'm going to make him get his own!) Thank you very much, and we'll be back.

Lunch_at_Billy_s_12-22-11_002.jpg

Hey guys, I wanted to show you the latest bike Jeremy from next door is working on. Not knowing how to post pictures on this board, this is my second attempt. The bike is a 67 Honda CB77. You don't see Hondas this old everyday. Jeremy has that thing running great now, after not being started over 2 years.
2012-01-02_13-34-13_682.jpg

I'll try to stop by Saturday, I need to head to Lonestar for some parts.
I will be here on Saturday. They should be having at least a Farmer's Market in the morning Saturday in case you need some vegies.
Ken

My schedule has moved up Ken... I have to be in Austin by 3 tomorrow.. will you be open around 5-6?

No I'm sorry. I close at 4, usually done cleaning up a little before 5. If you swing by before I'm gone, I'll buy you a soda or red bull. So you'll have to make it by again when you are in the hood.
Ken

No I'm sorry. I close at 4, usually done cleaning up a little before 5. If you swing by before I'm gone, I'll buy you a soda or red bull. So you'll have to make it by again when you are in the hood.
Ken

I seem to recall you closed at 4pm so I just thought I'd ask. If my interview is finished around that time I'll swing by and at least say "hi" before I head back to San Antonio.

I just saw that your only 5 miles from the place I have the interview tomorrow so I'll stop by and have a Nathan's for lunch! Cya then!

So Jim, you might be making the move to Austin?

Yes, it looks to be that way. Over the holiday break I got word that my federal funding will be cut in March. This interview is the first response I've had since I started sending out resumes. I've already talked it over with the wifey and we agreed that if they do offer me the job and the pay is compared to what I'm making now, I will commute for 3-4 months until we can sell our current house.

Not to hijack Ken's thread... but if I do commute it will be 200 miles each day of riding.

No worries on the hijack.

It was good to see everyone yesterday and meet some new faces. The. feedback and support in my move across the street was also greatly appreciated, you know who you are.

For those that didn't know, I will be moving across the street at the end of the month. If you were at my order window, you could see my future location over your right shoulder. In the parking lot of TXR Custom Car Audio. Should be a lot easier to find me there, and will open my black n white checkered awning over there.
ken

****, forgot to tell everyone, finally got the group shot in front of the trailer om my website. Geeesh took too long! Anyway, check it out.
http://www.hotrodcoffeetrailer.com/

I wanted the picture to show up on both the home page and the hrct gallery. Thanks again for the support. It means a lot to me!
ken

Last edited:
Ken, that was the best hotdog I've had in awhile. Congrats and I'll definitely be back!

Thanks for the kind words. It was going to either be Sabretts or Nathan's, since Sabretts is pretty much impossible to get in Texas it made the decision easier.

Did anyone check the group picture on my website? I don't mind saying, a good looking group ya'll are. Thanks again for the support and great picture.
Ken

Thanks for the kind words. It was going to either be Sabretts or Nathan's, since Sabretts is pretty much impossible to get in Texas it made the decision easier.

I have to be honest.. but the other day at my local HEB, I discovered they had packs of Nathans and I bought one ;)

But good news though, my job in Austin came through so I'll be a regular!

I have to be honest.. but the other day at my local HEB, I discovered they had packs of Nathans and I bought one ;)

But good news though, my job in Austin came through so I'll be a regular!

No problem. I don't expect your business everyday. Even my wife bought some of those Nathans also. But they are not the 1/4 lb like I have, btw. But anytime you can swing by my neck of the woods I'd love to see you.

Oh and congrats on the job!!
Ken

I'll see who we can drum up for a run by your place tomorrow... Supposed to be quite, uh...... chilly.

No problem. I don't expect your business everyday. Even my wife bought some of those Nathans also. But they are not the 1/4 lb like I have, btw. But anytime you can swing by my neck of the woods I'd love to see you.

Oh and congrats on the job!!
Ken

Thanks Ken. I too noticed the different sizes in the packs versus your dogs.

Thanks to those that made it by today. Always nice to see you! To those that decided against coming by, believe me I understand, a bit of a chill today.

Stay warm, properly caffeinated, and ride safe until next time friends.
Ken

Hey Ken, nice little setup you have there.

I had the hot chocolate. I'll tell you it isn't just run of the mill, Ken will do it up any way you like it. It was very good and it was nice that he came out to chat with us for a while. I originally didn't go the other week because I don't drink coffee but glad I made it out. Going to have to stop by again!

Back