• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

New Meet Spot in Austin - Hot Rod Coffee Trailer

Cold n drizzly ride today to the hot rod coffee.but the food and drink plus the compadre,s made it worth it.
I'm glad my cold weather riding gear I brought down with me from Iowa wasn't packed away too deep. Thank you all who were there for the warm welcome

Cold n drizzly ride today to the hot rod coffee.but the food and drink plus the compadre,s made it worth it.
I'm glad my cold weather riding gear I brought down with me from Iowa wasn't packed away too deep. Thank you all who were there for the warm welcome

Glad to see you Rus!

I hope you have one of those Texas size choc. Chip cookies ready as I'm thinking of stopping by tomorrow ( thurs)

If y'all have not made one of our bi-weekly "Hot Rod Coffee Cruise In" yet now is the time. In 3 days we are having another on Saturday between 8 - 10 am before it gets hot. So shine your bike up and bring it on down, or just come to check out all the cool rides. We would love to see y'all.

Saw this on the FB page.... Last one I went to was a lot of fun.

i-Ds5JBnr-XL.jpg

I'm torn between this and the pie run on Sat. Can't make Thursday this week.

I'm torn between this and the pie run on Sat. Can't make Thursday this week.

Well you did both for one of the shows Rusty. Just saying, you could come hang a bit, eat, drink, smell the coffee, and ride! Great way to enjoy the Saturday.
Ken

I'm totally on the fence for either.... Hmmm..

Carshow for an hour, leave at 9
Head to Sealy, be there about 11
Lunch, leave Sealy about 1
Home by 3 (in the heat)

:ponder:

Well, the wife and daughter get back from two weeks in Europe on Friday night. So I'm either going to hang around to visit with them or if they seem jet lagged, I'll run away and let them adjust. The question is just how far I'd run away.

Well, the wife and daughter get back from two weeks in Europe on Friday night.

Where did they go? I just returned from a hop across the pond as well and stayed at a friend's house in the Provence area. It was quite fun but the narrow roads and those pesky round-about's keeps one alert!

I noticed the most popular bikes were the Suzuki Burgman 650, Piaggio/Vespa 150-500 cc range including the MP3 three wheeled scooter. On the bike side, I saw very, very few Harley's and BMW. The conventional motorcycle bike of choice was the Honda Hornet, Yamaha Fazer and quite a few Honda Trans Alp variants. On the more sporty side, I saw quite a bit of Honda CBR's and Suzuki Bandits.

BTW, here is a recent picture of my friend who crashed his Honda ST1300 as a result of an unknown bike weave competing in the monster IB ride this month in New Mexico. He almost sheared his nose off...the reddish crusty material is the damaged noise in the process of healing. He was wearing a flip-up helmet with the visor turned up when he went down.

He is not planning on doing any more such related rides.

RB

Attachments

• wolf-after-ib-crash.jpg
    wolf-after-ib-crash.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
We are ready with abundant shade and the mister for any of y'all making it this way. Dogs are grillin and the coffee is smellin!!!
Ken

Hey guys this coming Saturday is our next bi-weekly "Hot Rod Coffee Cruise In" from 8 am - 10 am before it gets too hot. All are welcomed, 2 wheeled or the cages. Grab a coffee, breakfast sandwich, or pastries from Russell's delivered right here.

1175706_502266939868266_235012431_n.jpg

Love to have you Scott. There will be some eye candy in case more TWT's can make it by.

Hey everyone! We are hosting another "Hot Rod Coffee Cruise In" this Saturday between 8 - 10 am. Come down before your rides and check the cool rides both 2 & 4 wheeled. Hope to see y'all!

Well, I was sad to see Ken's ditched the AustinPhillyDog... I kind of liked that one if you left the hotdog out of it. Grilled onions/green peppers, couple flavors of cheese and seasoned ground beef. I thought it was pretty good eating.

This morning was, uh.... quite 'brisk' to say the least. So I wandered over to Kens and Michael made me an awesome hot chocolate with a shot of espresso. Quite tasty indeed and warmed me to the core.

That sounds awesome. I've been absent a few weeks. Making a concerted effort to get there for Thursday's lunch.

Back