• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member - Been riding 15 yrs

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Paul here as you might have figured by my username. I ride a 2019 Road Glide Special but have been on about 7 different motorcyces. None of them off-road or dual sport, yet. I think I would like to get a H-D Pan America but for now I pound out the miles on my touring bike.

I know a lot of you seasoned riders here have probably done this next thing, but in April a buddy and myself are doing an Iron Butt. Super stoked to do it because we aren't just riding a 1000 mile loop, we are riding 1000 miles out and taking 3 days to get back visiting multiple places between.

Anyways, looking forward to contributing here.

Deuces ✌️

Welcome. Where abouts in Katy you at? There are a few of us in the area, and pre-covid were having weekly meetups at Mason and Westheimer.

I am planning on doing a solo Saddle Sore 1000 in May, it will just be a 500 mile out and back one though.

Last edited:
Howdy and welcome.
Post up about your IBA run in LD forum. Especially a post-ride report.

Welcome. Where abouts in Katy you at? There are a few of us in the area, and pre-covid were having weekly meetups at Mason and Westheimer.

I am planning on doing a solo Saddle Sore 1000 in May, it will just be a 500 mile out and back one though.
I'm in old Katy just minutes from the Mary Jo Peckam park. Do you guys meet up at the Empanada place? I have a buddy that told me about the meetups and this forum. Hence how I found this place.
Howdy and welcome.
Post up about your IBA run in LD forum. Especially a post-ride report.
Will do. I'm actually a youtuber/motovlogger and have a series that will be all about that. I was supposed to do it last year but we all know how last year went.

BTW, here is a pic of my scoot and us, plus my PUP PEN with a few pups in them. We were out on 337 where that photographer is always stationed taking photos of folks riding.
PUP PEN on 337 April 2019 (2).JPG

I'm in old Katy just minutes from the Mary Jo Peckam park. Do you guys meet up at the Empanada place? I have a buddy that told me about the meetups and this forum. Hence how I found this place.
Yup, that's the place.
There have been a few attempts to start it again, but has not gained any traction yet.

Welcome Paul. I'll be looking forward to your SaddleSore experience. Let me know if you have any questions - just post them in the LD forum. There's not a lot of us there, but enough to get you some answers if you need something.

Welcome Paul. Is that a Rat Terrier in post #6.
ya know, I don't know.....he is one of our rescues. Definitely a mix of chihuahua and maybe rat terrier although he doesn't have the personality on a rat terrier.
Welcome and great photo! I watched one of your videos and enjoyed your motovlogger style. :-)
I really appreciate you watching. That's means a lot to me. Deuces ✌

Welcome Paul. I'll be looking forward to your SaddleSore experience. Let me know if you have any questions - just post them in the LD forum. There's not a lot of us there, but enough to get you some answers if you need something.
Thank you very much. I'll be sure to post my journey. I'm really looking forward to the ride back since we'll be hitting some places that I meant to go almost 10 years ago but never did. This time I will.

Back