• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member - Dual Sport Bike - From Katy

Reaction score
Hi All! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this forum. What a wonderful resource! I have a Suzuki DR200 and my 11 year old son has a Honda CRF80. We're looking for some good trail options close to the Katy area. We've hit up the SHNF a couple times. I have my eyes set on Hidden Falls when it re-opens.

Would love to hear of recommended trail options, even if a couple hours drive away. See you out there!

Welcome to the site :wave:

Great to see you getting your son into riding! :thumb:

That is a great bike!

I try to keep the site family friendly so kids like him can get on here and parents like you don't have to worry. My kids like the ride reports.

Welcome and nice bikes. Glad your making riding a family affair.

Welcome. I've been riding with my kids for a while now. My son is almost 19 and my daughter is 17. There are places to ride and it is worth the drive most of the time.

Check out hidden falls when you get the chance. They have cabins you can rent which are great in the summer to get out of the heat in the middle of the day. It is also nice if you can ride a couple of days to make the drive seem worth it.

Sterling Ranch is near the forest and can be fun as the loops are shorter and you can repeat a section you like. He allows people to camp also, it's just primitive camping.

Welcome from stockdale!

Hiddenfalls has some tame stuff but alot of it can get very technical and difficult based on riding abilities.

Get in touch with trail riders of Houston, I believe they are looking for a new property since they lost brunesmill.

I have a trail but it's a far drive from you and its intimidating for alot of folks due to most of it is beach sand

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back