• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member From Ft. Worth, Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Last Name
Bartay
New to this forum but NOT new to motorcycles. Retired now and just purchased my first bike with bags/trunk and a sail for a wind shield LOL I always rode Sport Bikes from a 750 Honda in 70's to my ZX-14 Ninja I sold a few years ago and purchased a 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 AE basket case and replaced cam chain tension etc etc. I still have my 1986 FJ 1200 Yamaha I purchased from a friend in 1991. I was Director of Sales&Marketing plus Tech Support for 6 years( 1998/2004) at D&D Performance Exhaust back when they made 4/2/1 full exhaust system most all the poplar bikes back then. Tuned all my bikes on our Super Flow Eddy Current Dyno at D&D . I met the original owner Dave Rash at Green valley Drag Strip where I worked part time in late 70's. If it rolled or floated I Drag Raced back then LOL. I am setting up the FJR to tour the Ozark Mountains etc, no more loading the bikes on a trailer from Texas to Arkansas. Time to ride them up and take pictures along the way and see the county not blow by it in a hurry. I was a Tool& Die Maker Machinist in a mold shop for most of my adult life so I hope I can help some off the members here with tech help and meet others who want to tour Texas and other states. I will post pics of some of my many bikes I rode over the years. My name is Louis and I am ADDICTED to Motorcycles :-) my drug was two wheel RUSH .

Misterk We had a house in Colleyville on Jim Mitchell Dr off Glade Rd. It was my late Dad's home, taxes etc too expensive now that I am retired, so we stayed in our smaller home in Watauga/North Richland Hills area. Several of us go to Russieville Arkansas every year and ride the Ozarks big fun.

Hey Louis! Welcome. I'm barely in Tarrant county down in the suburbs of Benbrook and Whisky Flats. Come out and say hi. There are 2 events that happen in the Tarrant area. One is the Friday night Ice Cream night that is usually well attended. Its always at the same spot (The Burger Box at 7700 Glenview drive in Richland Hills) and happens every Friday. Don't want to ride to it? No problem, nobody rode last Friday.

The other event is the Tarrant Co Meet and greet on Tuesdays. That moves around and sometimes doesn't happen. Let me see if I can link the threads.

Its a miracle! Tuesday link and Friday link.

The Tuesday thing moves around. First one to suggest the location, sets the location. I try to keep it in the middle of Tarrant county so its equally inconvenient. Just remember if you suggest it, you have to show up. Of be teased about it forever...

Last edited:
Dahveed.... I was raised in Richland Hills small world, our Dr. office is just up the street from the Burger Box. . Thanks for the invite I will be at the Burger Box next Friday PM or post with what time etc. Wife still works so my days are open :-) on Tuesdays.

Thanks for the links went to them and "watching" so I receive emails.

Last edited:
:welcome: & enjoy! There's quite a number of us in the area :haha:

Another DFW welcome... :)

Love to hear from folks who are passionate about riding. :flip:

Back