• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member from Houston

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been a lurker on this and many other forums. I decided to make an account today. I've been riding since I was about 8 years old. I want to get into a little more ADV riding. I currently have a 2016 S1000XR and a 1996 R1100gs.

Julio,

1000007719.jpg
1000007721.jpg

Welcome aboard! What area of town are you in? Lot's of local get togethers on here; might be one nearby.

Great looking GS! :thumb:

Welcome to the site!

A friend of mine had mentioned the Big Bend rally in March. How is that for an ADV noob on a big bike?
The GS is recently restored, 55k miles young and still kicking.
You will love… I can not make the week but should be nice. I have met riders who bring two bikes, one for the open road and one smaller bike for the slower stuff.

Hey Julio, a BIG West Texas Welcome from our herd!! :welcome:

Hook with k-dubya and William Wolfen in your area and join us in Kerrville!

A friend of mine had mentioned the Big Bend rally in March. How is that for an ADV noob on a big bike?
The GS is recently restored, 55k miles young and still kicking.
Big bend can be challenging on a large adv bike. I did it on a KTM 1290 as a noob back in 2019 and took a few dirt naps going down river road. I eventually got a smaller bike and adv became a lot more fun.

Back