• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member in Lindale/Tyler

Reaction score
Started riding two wheels in the 40s on a homemade scooter with a 3/4 hp Briggs and Stratton and Harley service cycle tranny. Needless to say I have passed my "USE BY DATE."
Honda trail 90 in the 60s. Honda Dream 305 in the 70s. Suzuki GS 850 in the 80s (Wonderful bike!!) Started dirt Off road riding in the 70s and stayed with them till 1995 when physical problems put an end to my dirt riding,,,,,,,,, I still miss it to this day!!! Got my first Harley in 2013 and still have it after 24,600 miles, but at 89 years of age I'm afraid I'll drop it when I stop. 2013 Dyna Glide Super Glide Custom FXDC. It was well suited for my trips to Texas Hill country, Colorado Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas. I need to sell it and get something smaller and lighter, but its like family now. Ha! i think a Honda Monkey is exactly what i should get now. Good riding in East Texas for something small and light. I need to hurry before I assume ambient temperature!!!!! What 'cha think??

Welcome and a Monkey seems perfect! Why wait, daylight is burning. Awesome to even consider it at 89. I'm knocking on 71, still riding dirt scooters.

Welcome!

I still toy with the idea of owning a Monkey someday myself... you should just do it and let me know how it works out. :-)

Wow, congratulations on a long riding career. Here's hoping for many more miles for you!

Welcome from San Antonio.

Welcome to the Neighborhood Whitehouse Tx!
I am no Spring Chicken eitheršŸ›µ Ride On SiršŸ‘

Welcome.
Also look at the new Honda CT125 - it's a great small, rip it down the trail mini-moto that tops out about 55mph. It's made for trails. The Super Cub is a cool throwback and is a 125cc as well though it's geared more for roads and some highway, topping out at 65mph. I personally love these two models.
Regarding age - maybe invest in a trike conversion? I'm gonna ride until I can't throw a leg over the seat anymore. And that may be a while as I'm "only" 65 and the R18 Classic has a very low seat height. (27" I think)
Again, welcome.

Welcome!

I still toy with the idea of owning a Monkey someday myself... you should just do it and let me know how it works out. :-)
wildwestmotoplex
Something of a rarity has arrived at Wild West and weā€™re excited to share! A 2021 Honda Monkey with only 201 miles and a wee dent in the gas tank! This pretty little toy wonā€™t be under our Christmas tree for long! Call or text now at 281-392-8850!

wildwestmotoplex
Something of a rarity has arrived at Wild West and weā€™re excited to share! A 2021 Honda Monkey with only 201 miles and a wee dent in the gas tank! This pretty little toy wonā€™t be under our Christmas tree for long! Call or text now at 281-392-8850!
Rob, feeding the addiction since 2006 (& long before that)

Maybe I need to be quiet! Just didn't think these came up often.

Welcome, from a 71 y.o. in Kilgore. If you're interested, fell free to join a small group of us for breakfast at Tyler airport next Saturday. 8a.m., old terminal building, 2nd Saturday of the month.

WELCOME , we haven't met yet , but YOU ARE VERY INSPIRING. Enough so, that I am gonna go ahead and buy that CT125 I have been wanting to add to my motorcycle policy.

Back