• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member Midlothian Texas

Reaction score
Gave up my Harley and bought a Ktm 1190 adventure big bike, going to be a challenge to control this beast. Love to ride though

Welcome. Just down the road from you in Arlington.

Im out near Maypearl so close by. Try to hit that third sat breakfast 8am at Caroline's in midlothian. Its a good place to meet some local dual sport and adv riders. Also sometimes we dona ride after.
If you are ever off during the week there is also a slacker run every week or two that i go to. Its generally a wednesday or thursday run to lunch. Ill message you my number.

You live where my wife wants to buy a home , and move to from south Texas . I have a few videos on the KTM 1190R .

Welcome from over by Mt. Peak Water's office. Hope you like your KTM. I've got about 500 miles on my first KTM, an 890 Adventure R.

If you go ride with @MacDaddy no matter how fast he goes, resist the temptation to try and keep up.

Just take it slooooow for a while. He'll wait for you at the next intersection.

Trust me on this ;)

I haven't. There are a couple of Ellis County Harley groups on FB, but nothing for ADV/DS rides that I know of.

I wouldn't mind starting an Ellis County Facebook group with one or two other admins involved.

And @falck4, I just did an off-roading course with Bill Dragoo from DART in the Ozarks, including an immersion tour.

One of the guys was a retired motor officer who had been on Harleys for most of his carrier. He had just bought a 1290 and learned a new set of skills for off-roading that helped him tremendously with the transition. Point is that riding that KTM of yours off-road, the fun-per-mile ratio will go way up with a class or two from Bill Dragoo. 😊

I wouldn't mind starting an Ellis County Facebook group with one or two other admins involved.

And @falck4, I just did an off-roading course with Bill Dragoo from DART in the Ozarks, including an immersion tour.

One of the guys was a retired motor officer who had been on Harleys for most of his carrier. He had just bought a 1290 and learned a new set of skills for off-roading that helped him tremendously with the transition. Point is that riding that KTM of yours off-road, the fun-per-mile ratio will go way up with a class or two from Bill Dragoo. 😊
Go ahead and get that fb started. I think you can add the extra site monitor's any time.
Might be able to contact some of the old ellis county adventure and dual sport rider folks. Jarret left the sight up but no new posts can be added.

If you go ride with @MacDaddy no matter how fast he goes, resist the temptation to try and keep up.

Just take it slooooow for a while. He'll wait for you at the next intersection.

Trust me on this ;)
Oh pleasssseeeee. It's not like you didn't heal up or anything. Anyway, I'm probably slower on the new 890 Adventure R anyway. 😜

I just tried to join up and got this im not real tec savy so maybe messes something up. That's why im not volunteering to be an administrator.
Screenshot_20210531-183704_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I just tried to join up and got this im not real tec savy so maybe messes something up. That's why im not volunteering to be an administrator. View attachment 294172
Tim, a couple of things can prompt this to happen.

If you log into Facebook with your phone number instead of your email address, there are reports out there that FB frowns upon it, especially if you have additional security set up in the form of a virtual private network (VPN). Your phone carrier may have made this option available to you, but it seems to mess with FB's desire to track your every move.

Another one to check is to log in with your email address from a desktop or laptop browser rather than your mobile phone.

Tim, a couple of things can prompt this to happen.

If you log into Facebook with your phone number instead of your email address, there are reports out there that FB frowns upon it, especially if you have additional security set up in the form of a virtual private network (VPN). Your phone carrier may have made this option available to you, but it seems to mess with FB's desire to track your every move.

Another one to check is to log in with your email address from a desktop or laptop browser rather than your mobile phone.
Thanks, took a couple tries, reset password and all good.

Back