• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

According to that graphic, it's not failure to control speed or an unsafe speed until well into the triple digits... I'm also unsure how you can be so inattentive as to fall off the back of a scooter... I have, however, hit a dog before and nearly hit another several.

I don't see the statistic on how many died because of 'quiet pipes'.
Didn't see a loud pipe stat either. Probably should look for that. Glass houses do have breakable glass.

Seems impaired, failing to control speed and excess speed with no helmet use is over represented. I believe it also shows unlicensed riders over represented as well.

Adding up all the percentages equals 44.3 percent of the total. I'm guessing 55.7 percent of the crashes were caused by something other than the motorcycle operator.

Adding up all the percentages equals 44.3 percent of the total. I'm guessing 55.7 percent of the crashes were caused by something other than the motorcycle operator.

Or -- being as Harleys are the dominant motorcycle on American roads, I'm gonna take a shot and say that loud pipes cause accidents. šŸ˜Š

I would guess that the 55.7% were caused by people in cars. At least that's what caused me to go down in 2020.

Reactions: my6
I would guess that the 55.7% were caused by people in cars.
That's what got me Labor Day weekend. Said he just didn't see me. Another case for loud pipes?

The last of the scabs came off this morning, and I got all the parts to put the bike ('75 Goldwing) back together. Life is getting better.

Later, Bud...

I'm afraid I identify with all of those- the 5.2% I can work on.
The rest are just kinda gonna happen at some point.

Should be, but based on the list, this report appears to only refer to single-vehicle accidents. Missing are all the typical 2-vehicle accidents, the most common of which is intersections.

Back