• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New old rider

Reaction score
Hello,
I just started riding again after about a 35 year hiatus. I have not ridden a dual sport type bike since I was in high school. A few of the guys that I work with ride and after talking to them and hearing the great stories I decided that I wanted to try riding with them. I bought a XT225 Yamaha and went for a ride today with one of them. We put about 35 miles on the bikes in the Sam Houston National forest. I did not get off of the main roads yet due to still trying to remember all of the in's and out's of riding. I'm looking forward to some great times with the bike. I hope that I will see some of y'all on the trails!

Welcome. I see your from Richards. There's a lot of places to practice your "in's and out's" real close to you. The XT225 seems like a great bike to ride after 35 years off.

Later, Bud...

Welcome. I see your from Richards. There's a lot of places to practice your "in's and out's" real close to you. The XT225 seems like a great bike to ride after 35 years off.

Later, Bud...
We have plenty of trails too ride around here. After I get used to riding again I'm gonna hit those!!

Back