• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New returning rider from San Marcos

Reaction score
Hi - I'm a new member of the forum, returning to riding after 30+ years away. I retired a year or so ago, and moved from the Houston/Montgomery area to San Marcos. After driving around a lot of the Hill Country roads over the past year, I decided to get back in to riding. I just yesterday purchased a 2021 Kawasaki W800 - retro-twin, that is very reminiscent to my 1971 Triumph Thunderbird I had in high school. Well, hopefully the new one will be more reliable than it was!

It was delivered directly to my garage yesterday in pouring rain. I rode it for 5 minutes or so today between showers, so forgive the ugly setting in the picture to show it off.

Attachments

• motorcycle.jpg
    motorcycle.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 155
Welcome back. There are a lot of us retreads here who returned to riding after we retired. Nice looking bike; I like retro styling.

I've been here a few months. Moved here from Arlington to be close to the grandkids. I'm enjoying it.

Welcome and welcome back to two-wheelin'.
I always thought Kaw did a great job with the W650 and W800.
Retro looks with modern metric reliability.

Back