• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Risers and Brake Lines Question

Reaction score
Howdy. I purchased a pair of Rox risers for my '07 non ABS Bandit. The existing brake and clutch lines aren't quite long enough so I'm going to replace them with custom length stainless braided lines. I'm wondering if now is the time to move to two individual lines from the master cylinder to the front calipers or stick with the OEM setup. Please let me know if what you think would be best. Thanks!

I would go with Galfer. They are good with the recommendation for what would be best. IMO

Second vote for Galfer. If you custom order from them the order sheet can be a little much (when spec given is from scratch), but you can just select the pre-made kit for your bike and specify where you want extra line added (like on the master cylinder end of the line). Super easy to do and fair pricing for a good product.

I talked to Galfer today. It really sounds easy to get what I need. Cost is right where it should be, I think. Thanks for the replies!

IN a threadsurrection, has anyone else heard changing the clutch line to ss help with the heavy clutch pull? It makes some sense that energy saved from expanding rubber lines would transfer to higher line pressure.

I haven't noticed any difference in the pull weight of the clutch. I don't know if my old lines were expanding or not. I suspect not or at least not too much if they were. I did some testing in a parking lot after installing everything and think the clutch and brakes work as well as they ever did. Not better. About the same.

I ended up getting the lines from Galfer. They custom made the clutch and front brake lines 2" longer than the normal Bandit length. It is just about what the Rox risers added. I also now have dual front brake lines. I've been told that will give me better brake response, but I haven't noticed much difference.

Good luck!

Back