• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New RR for the WR250R

Brother, you gotta give me these suggestions BEFORE I buy parts and finish a project :giveup:

Looks it huh?
In that case please make your future mod planes known to me 14 business days in advance and I will make suggestions in a timely response.

Respectfully

Erik Marquez
COOFSOPM (Chief Operating Officer For Spending Other Peoples Money)
Marquez Motorcycle Services

:-P

In that case please make your future mod planes known to me 14 business days in advance and I will make suggestions in a timely response.

Respectfully

Erik Marquez
COOFSOPM (Chief Operating Officer For Spending Other Peoples Money)
Marquez Motorcycle Services

:-P
Monica didn't properly file her engineering plans in triplicate either so there's blame to spread around :-P

M, attagirl !

Monica didn't properly file her engineering plans in triplicate either so there's blame to spread around :-P

M, attagirl !
Im just, as always impressed with her get it done frame of mind..From the first day I met her on line, invited her to bring the problem item over and was hands on with getting it repaired.

Aw shucks you guys are gonna give me allergies.

Glad you got it sorted out.
Me too, riding last night felt great, missed him. Hopefully this is the last of things for a bit. The bike is fine, its the little piddly stuff that all seemed to hit at once. Murphy's law i guess.

in the first pic the rear wheel is hanging down that is when the chain is at max slack .yet it is tight as a banjo string lol

Oh my goodness, yall chill out on the chain, quit dragging this thread off kilter.

Matter of fact, I'll delete that so the circlin jackals can break it up.

If you chain guys would like to be helpful, figure out an easy quick method to set the chain slack, but only use your right hand, put your left hand in your pocket. If you can do that, then you can help.

Hit a ride tonight to shake out the bike. The new RR held the voltage at 14.4-14.5v the entire ride. Only ran it 65mi and didn't do any turning it off/on. I guess time will tell. I will ride with the voltage display for a while to keep me informed of the charging status. Should keep me out of trouble.

Also replaced the front tubliss system with a traditional tube. Holy cow that tire changing life is so much easier! Tire run fine, it helped the handshake issue I was getting at 65+. I comfortably ran at 68-70 where as before I didn't. So thumbs up there.

View attachment 245862
Have you ever considered adding a steering stabilizer since you ride with one hand?

Have you ever considered adding a steering stabilizer since you ride with one hand?
Yes and no, I kinda weighed how I was riding. Since I'm not doing high difficulty type stuff (cause I ain't high difficulty skilled lol) I figured to wait on something like that until I was riding in stuff that started calling for it.

Yes and no, I kinda weighed how I was riding. Since I'm not doing high difficulty type stuff (cause I ain't high difficulty skilled lol) I figured to wait on something like that until I was riding in stuff that started calling for it.
It is quite a noticeable difference. I figured it might help on the highway too.

Back