• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New suzuki katana for new decade

Jasen when he says "cute" in the sub-titles I am hearing a different word in audio. So there's that. He should compare it to the Super Duke. You can bring yours and we can go at it.
Let's let it cool off first. Maybe when I'm back in town.

My 91 Katana 600 was a fun ride, also the first bike I laid down.... Enjoyed my CBR 600F2 much more though.

Never understood why some riders go googoogaga over this one. Some friends of mine in California went to the nth degree in their Katana restoration projects. IMO, there was nothing special about either the original or this one. At least the GSX-S1000 lets you choose a naked or faired version. This thing just has a funky "undecided" front end... like it has a fairing identity crisis.

Enough with these budget re-do's from Suzuki. Time to do some real R&D and come up with something more focused and purposeful. For starters, a sport tourer based on the Busa engine would get my attention.

Late to the party but I just saw one of these at the dealer tonight and I must say I kinda like it. Not sure why but I do.

GSX-S1000 is getting completely revamped next year, some suspect another Katana will follow along soon after. The new looks are NOT for me, so I'll keep what I have.

Im a sucker for square headlights.

I kind of like the headlights, but the way they stacked the gauges on top of the headlights is very odd and sticks out in an annoying way. I think they could have done a better job of incorporating those two together like they did with the previous model.

Vertically stacked headlights never worked well. R1200ST is a sore example. Some of the Gixxer stacked headlights in the past worked decently, but only because they morphed the overall shape enough not to look stacked.

My guess is that few inherently beautiful things in nature are organically formed into vertically stacked. OTOH, human eyes are drawn to horizontally symmetrically paired objects that are absolutely titillating to look at.

Back