• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to Texas

Reaction score
Thanks for the add in. My name is Ed Morris, I moved to West Fort Worth from central Missouri in January of this year. I sold my KTM 690 before leaving MO, and picked up a lightly used 2018 KTM 500 EXC a few months ago. I've ridden the 500 at Twin Hills over by Bridgeport, and found a dual sport loop online that goes around Jacksboro, other than that I haven't ridden it very much. In MO I would car camp at a state park, and go do day trips riding nearby gravel and dirt roads. Any good suggestions for doing that here?

Welcome to Texas ED! Peruse the forums and I'm sure you'll find someone doing something somewhere just about every weekend. :rider:

Where in central Missouri? I lived in Osage Beach in '77. Still have kin there. I moved to TX from Iowa in '87.

Welcome ... I have the best memories of dual sporting in MO and riding my YZ in Saint Joe state park. That was the half way point on my way the Chicago to see my grandmother.

Hello and welcome!

Spent a summer around Jacksboro and really liked the area. Hope you find good camping and riding around there.

Thanks everyone, I actually went to Trophy Club Park today to put some time in on the bike in some dirt. I had a great time but need to spend some time doing additional bike setup to be ready for fall riding. Might even be able to do that trip to Big Bend over Thanksgiving, or perhaps a trip to Cloudcroft.

Warrensburg / Knob Noster area, I've ridden quite a few of the gravel roads down in the area of Osage Beach.

Mighty close to Whiteman AFB. I'd love to go get lost in the hills around the Ozarks again.

I finished my Air Force career at Whiteman AFB, I was stationed there from Oct 92 until Aug 2000. It was a great area to raise a family. I have thousands of miles of tracks of gravel roads in MO. The whole time I lived there I was maybe two miles from a gravel road at most. Easy to get lost in the Ozarks especially if you don't have a GPS or carry paper maps. There are still a few places down there with no cell phone reception as well.

Thanks for serving. I'm CAF, and the B-17 I serve on was recently at Whiteman, but I couldn't be there due to reality commitments.
I had a '71 Sportster in Osage, but before that my g/f had a place on Lake Marie with a ratty TS185 Suzy, and man those double letter (KK) roads were fun.

Anyway, hope you enjoy WFW.

Back