• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to TWT Dual Sport Rider in East Texas

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, new dual sport member and Native East Texan here from Lufkin area. Me and a couple of buddies enjoy exploring the backroads of Angelina and surrounding counties on our dual sports. One buddy started a Facebook group called Lufkin/Nacogdoches Dual Sport Riders if anyone in the area is interested that does FB, I do not. Glad to be member here!

This the page for those interested.

Attachments

• 66607CE8-56C7-40FF-A4C4-82F3E8593607.jpeg
    66607CE8-56C7-40FF-A4C4-82F3E8593607.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 102
Welcome aboard! I don't do the FB thing either, but be sure to post up here if y'all want some more to join you. Check out the "GPS files" in the "Ride/Trip Planning Info" section of the forum too, and add to it if you can. Once the weather gets a bit better (and shift work allows me some time), I'll be doing the ol' ET450 ride again for sure.

Welcome aboard! I don't do the FB thing either, but be sure to post up here if y'all want some more to join you. Check out the "GPS files" in the "Ride/Trip Planning Info" section of the forum too, and add to it if you can. Once the weather gets a bit better (and shift work allows me some time), I'll be doing the ol' ET450 ride again for sure.
Rydah thanks for the info, we usually try and ride on the weekends when we can, let me know if or when your in our area and we'll see if we can meet up to ride.

You bet. Bad timing for me right now, as wouldn't you know it, I'm rolling into working weekends :(. Weather is starting to "nicen" up too, so don't wait for me, but post up anyway and I'll do the same. Looking forward to meeting you fellers.

East Texas 450
Synthlegend, thanks for asking, that's my buddy Kalani 938. I looked up the ET 450 and it looks like it may be a little too much for our current riding on our DS's, we usually try to keep our rides to around 100 miles give or take or less and stop when needed to grab some gas and drinks. I won't speak for him on this, but that's about all my back will take these days. We'd be up for some half day/day rides in and around Angelina County and the northern connecting counties of Nacogdoches, Houston and Cherokee exploring mostly a mix of county blacktop/dirt, forest service, and farm roads and highways as needed. If this type of riding interests anyone hit us up and we can meet one weekend and go for a ride.

CRN129, indeed check out the ET450 gpx and being a "local" please feel free to suggest any other road/area of interest we might be missing. I'm an old Angelina Nat'l forest rider and hold that particular area in high regard. FYI, don't sell yourselves short, it's by no means a hard ride. Just more seat time with like minded riders and ALWAYS a hoot.

CRN129, indeed check out the ET450 gpx and being a "local" please feel free to suggest any other road/area of interest we might be missing. I'm an old Angelina Nat'l forest rider and hold that particular area in high regard. FYI, don't sell yourselves short, it's by no means a hard ride. Just more seat time with like minded riders and ALWAYS a hoot.
Yeah to go on a ride that long I’d want an adventure bike or something like that. Sitting on my KTM 500 that long sounds painful lol. We generally like to stick to FM, backroads and forest roads.

my6, I’ll keep the ET450 in mind, maybe one day I’ll make it.
For sure, my riding buddies and I usually try and find ways to stay off the beaten path as much as possible and explore places even we’ve never been, even being locals for our whole lives. If there is anything I can think of that comes to mind or we find that’s worthy I’ll let everyone know.

We recently made our way over to Ratcliff Lake/Kennard area in and around the Davy Crockett National Forest that was fun, it has some forest/county roads that might be of interest for exploring.

Yeah to go on a ride that long I’d want an adventure bike or something like that. Sitting on my KTM 500 that long sounds painful lol. We generally like to stick to FM, backroads and forest roads.
We'll be riding similar bikes. We aren't doing 450 miles in one day. @my6 rides a 500. I ride a 625. Many DRZ and KTM 690. Some guys will be on a bigger bike like Africa Twin etc ...We will probably run into each other sooner or later I'm sure. Love to hear more about the roads you ride for sure.

We'll be riding similar bikes. We aren't doing 450 miles in one day. @my6 rides a 500. I ride a 625. Many DRZ and KTM 690. Some guys will be on a bigger bike like Africa Twin etc ...We will probably run into each other sooner or later I'm sure. Love to hear more about the roads you ride for sure.
Here’s an overlook of mine and your ride last Saturday. Had a great time as always.

Attachments

• EDC9DB5D-9FF7-4542-84EA-B8DD5C131057.png
    EDC9DB5D-9FF7-4542-84EA-B8DD5C131057.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 110
Okay thanks for clarifying synthlegend, that sounds more manageable and possible for me on my 300l as long as the higher speed highway parts aren’t too long. I would like to ride atleast part of it one day with y’all hopefully, sounds like a great time.

Welcome from Nacogdoches! I'm a little late seeing this. I'm not on FB either but I'd love to join some of the fun. Definitely post up if you don't mind waiting up for a klr!

Welcome from Nacogdoches! I'm a little late seeing this. I'm not on FB either but I'd love to join some of the fun. Definitely post up if you don't mind waiting up for a klr!
Thanks Cramers, my buddies and I venture over to Nacogdoches county from time to time usually around the Lake Nac area, maybe we can meet up with you out that way some time.

Welcome from the Dam of Sam Rayburn:rider:
Thanks pencil, I grew up about 2 miles from Rayburn on the north end outside of Huntington, I've spent a significant portion of my life on the water there and around the dam area during my kneeboarding then wakeboarding days, beautiful area down there around the dam, I love being out on Rayburn. If we ever venture that far down to ride, maybe we could meet up.

Back