• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to twt

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Crane
Howdy All,

I'll be moving to the NW Houston area by July 2012, relocating from Tulsa, OK for work.

I have one of these:

Vulcan5.jpg

Used to have one of these until recently:

100_2656.jpg

I had the KLR a few years and grew tired of wrestling the pig around. Sold it and I'll be looking to add a lighter bike to the stable after the move. I'll probably keep the Vulcan since the wife likes to ride with me on it. Anyway hope to meet up and ride with some or all of you when we get settled in.

Later,

Greg

Welcome to the site. I moved your intro post from another thread to one of its own.

Welcome! :sun: Tulsa to Houston...Few tornados but..
Seriously, great bunch of TWTer's there. You will get lots of riding in. And the roads have a few more curves than OK.; makes for nice riding. As for a dirt bike, you can meet many riders in the Dualsporting and Offroad riders sections. Sam Houston Nat. Forest is where many people ride locally.

Howdy All,

Well a lot has changed in 5 months, including my new ride!!

Vstrom1.jpg

Still coming to Houston July 2nd hope to meet up with some of you and ride!

Greg

Cool! Is that one of the new ones? I like the all black.

Yup, the DL 1000 "Adventure" models only come in black, in the sunlight it has a slight hint of blue metal flake in the paint. The more I ride it, the more I like it!

Nice bike. However, I will admit, OEM colors on a strom are more like a blank Ghillie suit. Use it to attach your mud, moss and various other bits of nature/travels to make it yours. We have plenty of places in Texas to do so.

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back