• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New toy...

LOL... No but pretty easy to make from the pic. Go to Atwood's or other farm and ranch store and look for quarter inch thick rubber sheet. Comes four foot wide. Makes a great pad for center stands.

I find the foot control very easy to use, of course I have 12 foot walls in the shop and that gets rid of some worry. I find there is lots of fine control to do lots of silly sh...er stuff with it. I have found that "non-Handy" lifts have less "precision" in the latch that holds the table in place. Always make sure you are latched in solid. They drop a few inches when they miss. Also, as to valves, I find the stocker has good speed, mine had an old car lift handle that passed lots more air and would smack it up and down. The foot pedal is easy to control and intuitive to use. Any method is fine once you get used to it. I don't know how we ever did without a lift. I would like a hydraulic one or a motorized one, but I don't really need to change.

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_20190622_130557.jpg
I'm not a fan of having air hoses laying in the floor. I put a valve on mine and brought the air down from overhead on a coiled hose.
As soon as the lift is up or down it gets disconnected and moved out of the way.

Last edited:
I find the foot control very easy to use, of course I have 12 foot walls in the shop and that gets rid of some worry. I find there is lots of fine control to do lots of silly sh...er stuff with it. I have found that "non-Handy" lifts have less "precision" in the latch that holds the table in place. Always make sure you are latched in solid. They drop a few inches when they miss. Also, as to valves, I find the stocker has good speed, mine had an old car lift handle that passed lots more air and would smack it up and down. The foot pedal is easy to control and intuitive to use. Any method is fine once you get used to it. I don't know how we ever did without a lift. I would like a hydraulic one or a motorized one, but I don't really need to change.

It doesn't go up fast with the bike on it. Speed control really isn't an issue. It is more the "gap" for lack of a better word between up, neutral, and down. A tiny movement of the foot pedal either way gets it going. It is as hard to get in neutral as some of the bikes I've had :-P

A needle valve in the line restricting the flow might help with the control issue , I have never used air for any thing you want control over , it’s either all or none . Hydraulics are easy for me and much easier to work with than air .
I have plumbed air operated systems on water tanker trucks , simply because the air is already there and all the valves are either open or closed . And components are way cheaper than hydraulics .

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Sure hope I'm strong enough to move the thing around and set it up.

A tiny movement of the foot pedal either way gets it going. It is as hard to get in neutral as some of the bikes I've had :-P
That's what I hated about my foot pedal. I took it apart to see how it works and saw why it was so "sloppy" during operation. Decided then that a ball valve has so much more precision. Also, the relief ball valve I had would dump too quick for my down cycle so I put a cap (or plug) on the end and drilled a tiny hole in it. Now (with a bike on it) it goes down about the same speed as it goes up. Very predicable when compared to foot pedal.

In the shop, we dropped the air hose from the roof rafters and only connect it to the lifts when we needed to lift the bikes up.

We did zip tie the foot pedal controller to the wheel clamp to get it off the ground. Another advantage of the foot pedal valve off the ground was that you could operate it with your hand which has more control than with the foot, and don’t risk suddenly “drop” the bike too fast!

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Sure hope I'm strong enough to move the thing around and set it up.

I would recommend finding someone to help you. Trying to do it yourself is a good way to get hurt or damage the lift.

I would recommend finding someone to help you. Trying to do it yourself is a good way to get hurt or damage the lift.
The nice man used a hydraulic dolly to place it exactly where I wanted it in the garage. I'm sure I will struggle with it a bit setting it up.

The nice man used a hydraulic dolly to place it exactly where I wanted it in the garage. I'm sure I will struggle with it a bit setting it up.

Just be aware that it is in the box up side down... ;-) Even flipping it over is a dicey thing to do with only one person.

Just be aware that it is in the box up side down... ;-) Even flipping it over is a dicey thing to do with only one person.
I second the above statement. I'm a not a small guy did not feel safe doing flipping it. I used my tractor loader

Doug I thought I still had that information but I don't.
Anyway mine is a Nitra Valve but it has the same layout as these SMC valves.

I also found a really small air silencer and routed my discharge air through it which made lowering the table not nearly as loud.

Back