• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New XR650L guy from Georgia

Reaction score
Happy Trails everyone! Last Saturday I bought my first new dirt bike since I was a teenager. Back in the day, I bought a new 70's SL125, and later on, a new TL125. I did not ride for many years and when I got back into the hobby, I bought a 2004 H-D Road King Custom. The Road King has now been replaced with the XR and I have mixed feelings about selling my RK. I'm 60 years old and didn't realize off road would be quite as punishing on my body. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn many things about my new ride. I have ordered the Fritzco sprocket, Rox adjustable risers, Protaper bars, and Cycra Ultra Pro wrap-around hand guards. Next, I have to lower it some and I think I will try the lowering link first, and then if that's not enough, I'll get a Seat Concepts lowered seat. I'm 6', 210 lbs. with 31" inseam. It's hard to move this big thing around in tight spaces when my toes are all that touch the ground. Thanks for letting me join.

Welcome! You picked a great bike!
49ab3029989b765c38be013c6c1d3a0b.jpg

We've got some mud here right now. Going on a gravel(mud) ride tomorrow.

Welcome aboard. I too had a 2004 RK Custom. It was a trouble free and comfortable ride.

South Tex,
Well, the mud I got into today was really bad, like gumbo mud or something. My boots and tires went down fast and just stuck with suction!

Very Cool Tool Fool Dan. I really enjoyed mine, but wanted to get back off road. There are some really bad drivers this close to Atlanta!

Back