• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: New Years Day ride?

Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Windham
Someone mentioned it in another thread, so i figured id start the discussion...

Who wants to ride on New Years Day?

personally i have that day off, so may be up for it, depending on weather/road conditions.

Someone who is good at planning this sorta thing should take the reigns!

Ready..set.. GO!!!

I like this idea. I used to ride with several Meetup groups and we had a NYDay ride. In addition, I would camp out somewhere nearby for what I billed as
"The Frigid Digits Camp Out"
Scott did several of those camp outs with me, the coldest being 19* at South Llano River SP.
Does that interest anyone?

I like this idea. I used to ride with several Meetup groups and we had a NYDay ride. In addition, I would camp out somewhere nearby for what I billed as
"The Frigid Digits Camp Out"
Scott did several of those camp outs with me, the coldest being 19* at South Llano River SP.
Does that interest anyone?
If it's 19 degrees, NO WAY, not this guy!

The chances that it well be a pleasant day are encouraging, not guaranteed but statistically favorable.

http://weatherspark.com/averages/29684/1/1/Austin-Texas-United-States

Maybe a meet up at central point?

Looks like 12-noon to 6pm ideal time temperature-wise, 3 pm being the warmest. (theoretically)

Back