• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Year's DS Ride reports 1-1-2010

Re: New Year's DS Ride reports

Richard, thanks for a reason to get out and ride. Great people, great roads, and great food, What more could you ask for.:rider::eat:
Great way to start off the new year, let's do it again soon.:thumb:

Thanks again Richard for getting us all together, Chris (Dirtbomb) and I had a great time. Got back to N. Richland Hills around 11:00pm, Only hit one deer up around Hamilton, well it was already dead in the middle of the road, Chris and I are going for glasses this week. Other than that it was great for all.

John

You must be Milton Otto. I recognized your helmet. (My helmet??? Now what could be distinctive about my helmet? Its plain vanilla white. ... Oh yeah, my helmet!)

For those that don't know him, here's Milton and his world famous helmet, "Old School". :-P
685110668_cNMBw-L.jpg

Last edited:

Richard, thanks for a reason to get out and ride. Great people, great roads, and great food, What more could you ask for.:rider::eat:
Great way to start off the new year, let's do it again soon.:thumb:
Roger that, Big A

A veritable traffic jam at this little crossing of Sandy Creek.
756191772_LQhoT-L.jpg

I, for one, was hesitant to get my feet wet. So I just chronicled this event rather than helping. I should've worn my MX boots.
756191743_6NZXb-L.jpg

Jeeze. It looks like Hillary's Step on clear day at Everest.
756191807_KmpN7-L.jpg

Some riders crossed with a lot of enthusiasm, as demonstrated here. I'm a chicken so I creep slowly across these things. Those braver than me cross faster, which sprays water everywhere and makes for a much more dramatic photo.
755829895_bKrt4-L.jpg

Enthusiasm, or Stupidity, not sure which...Yesterday was my first time crossing water. The water wasn't so bad, it was the 12 ft deep sand on the other side that almost did me in at that one crossing.. That and the "Wave to us so you'll bust your ***" coming from the ones taking pictures :rofl: Nice...

Last edited by a moderator:

For those that don't know him, here's Milton and his world famous helmet, "Old School". :-P
685110668_cNMBw-L.jpg

I didn't see him until the gas station close to home .

Here are some of my pics. Thanks for rescuing me out of that rocky river:clap:

C:\Users\Vinny\Documents\Picasa HTML Exports\New Years ride\index.html

The two girls in the economy car who came up behind us at the Sandy Creek crossing saying "We're looking for Enchanted Rock" was pretty funny... :lol2:

I didn't see him until the gas station close to home .

Here are some of my pics. Thanks for rescuing me out of that rocky river:clap:

C:\Users\Vinny\Documents\Picasa HTML Exports\New Years ride\index.html

You need to work on that link. If you need help, here is a thread with info: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5782

Can someone post a google map of the route that was taken all the way to Coopers?
Thanks..

These pics are depressing me! I wanted to go so bad but the wife insisted we spend some "time" together. So instead we went on a similar ride in our early 911!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...try-new-years-fun-run-2010-a.html#post5103953

I need to teach her how to ride so I can get out more. I have the green light for the Around the Bend ride so looking forward to that.

Richard - registration on its way tomorrow. Great ride report.

Hey Guys. Just wanted to say thanks for a great time. I am glad you all let me tag along to get my kaboom dirty for the first time. It was real cold getting home, but I spent some time telling my wife how much fun was had by all. I am sorry thumper tx got hurt, but hopefully his DS ride will get priority now. It's alot of fun on a light bike. The 690 is 300lbs., so I guess I should be carefull with that "light" statement! My 200xcw is 215lbs., so the 690 is alot heavier, but it's alot more powerful/fun. Thank you, Richard for a great route, and making me feel welcome. Thanks to Justin, I'll have to come up north and ride some of the routes you told me about before we split. Maybe we will trade bikes for awhile so you can tell me what you think of the 690. Thanks to your pictures, I have proof of where I was all day. You set a great pace; I was a little worried how I would do on fast dirt roads. It felt better after lunch; the more I rode the more I got used to sliding the bike at 50+. Again, thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome. Hope that the next time you see me out there I will have my wife on her 530exc. Sam I am - GreenEggs&Ham

Hahaha Tom, I'm sure they're glad you've immortalized the crossing with their get-offs :lol2:
Hopefully some first time riders to that area will have more respect for the water crossings.
I know I didn't until I went down on a concrete water crossing. :doh:

Will Rich that was a nice catch, considering that the previous guy who waved didn't make it :trust:

That sucker was slippery snot.

I just happen to be an expert at slippery sucker snot!

Back