• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie from Corpus

Reaction score
First Name
kelly
Last Name
woody
Howdy All, Greetings from Corpus Christi, Heard about this site from a guy visiting Corpus this past weekend. He is from Gonzales and rides a V-strom. This is just the kind of local Texas site I've been looking for--thanks John.
I just sold my beloved Honda ST1300 and bought something completely different--a 2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster. I may be regretting this decision since the Triumph dealership is in San Antonio, and on my first service (!500! miles) I had to leave it there due to brake light staying on.:tears: Hopefully this will be a brief interuption of a long term love affair, not the first in a series of electrical gremlins.

Attachments

• 2011-triumph-rocket-3-roadster%201.jpg
    2011-triumph-rocket-3-roadster%201.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00117.jpg
    DSC00117.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 213
  • hill fall 2009 033.jpg
    hill fall 2009 033.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 229
Welcome and greetings from another CC resident. I'm sure that brake light issue will get fixed and your new Triumph will give you many miles of trouble free enjoyment. Again, welcome to TWT!

We're thinking of doing a Baffin Bay Meet 'n Greet here soon. We're on the Corpus/Kingsville/Baffin Bay thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard. Nice bike. And if you have friends who ride V-Stroms, you're obviously an okay guy.

Welcome to TWT from a member of the BBC (British Bike Contingency).

Hey , you made it here :clap: You will like it :trust: It was nice talking to you .

We're throwing together a bike night this Thursday out here in Kingsville if you can make it!

We're throwing together a bike night this Thursday out here in Kingsville if you can make it!

And that is how regular bike nights get started. Someone just does it. :clap:

update on Triumph Rocket 3: My entire wiring harness was replaced after about a month and a half in shop. Right now it runs great, but I wasn't real happy with the service at Alamo Triumph. Will probably take to Lonestar triumph in Austin. Heard some good things about them.

You will love the owners of Lone Star Triumph,:clap: they are some really nice folks:bigokay: and they will take good care of you!!!!

update on Triumph Rocket 3: My entire wiring harness was replaced after about a month and a half in shop. Right now it runs great, but I wasn't real happy with the service at Alamo Triumph. Will probably take to Lonestar triumph in Austin. Heard some good things about them.

Welcome to TWT from a fellow Corpus resident. I take my bike to Mike Callesen here in town. He operates out of his backyard, but he's a certified Triumph mechanic. ph: 361.232.8299. He's kept my bike on the road for the past 2 or 3 years.

I was in the Valley working last week and noticed the bike shop in Pharr, F & T Valley Motor Sports, is now selling Triumphs.

[URL="http://www.motorcycle.com/dealers/f-t-valley-motor-sports-11721.html"]http://www.motorcycle.com/dealers/f-t-valley-motor-sports-11721.html[/URL]

I don't know anything about the dealership other than from stopping by to chat occasionally. Their website doesn't mention Triumphs, but they had a Rocket III parked outside and, I believe, a Triumph logo on the front of the building.

Lone Star is located at 10600 N. Lamar Austin TX 78753
512-451-7979 or 800-729-3807

Back