• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

newbie's pics. C&C welcome

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
Borrowed dad's D90 for a recent cruise, here's a couple shots I took.
I've got a basic grasp on photography, but still have a long ways to go to be proficient at it!

Taken from the Voyager of the Seas as we were leaving Roatan, Honduras
0b5eba5c.jpg

D90 Nikor 18-105 VR lens
F9
1/60
ISO200
Focal Length 105mm

Belize City, Belize
a9070791.jpg

Same camera/lens
F10
1/160
ISO200
85mm

And finally, my 15mo old nephew
6c7d5f95.jpg

Same camera/lens
F10
1/160
ISO200
50mm

Haven't done any kind of PP on them and am limited to iPhoto for any of that.
Feel free to tweek/fiddle. Just tell me what you did, so I can learn.
Thanks!

The big brown truck is delivering a new T2i w/ 18-135mm lens and I'm ready to get to shooting.

BTW, how do you get that setting info? Do you just have to remember or does it display somewhere when you download the image?

It'll be in the exif information embedded into the image file. It can be read using various applications or some photo hosting sites will strip it out and display it for you.

Lots of info will be in there including all your camera information.

Also good to note, if you use a cell phone with GPS, some will even tag the location in the file. This could include the location where you store your motorcycle collection.

Nice shots Nathan.

Small world I guess. We were on the same ship at the same port on 12/8/10. I (not so much the wife) really enjoyed the Zip-lining there.

Most of the time I just left my Power Shot SX100 on auto.

Nice shots for first-time out with a new set of gear.... The D90 does a pretty good job on exposure in most situations. I also see you went straight manual-mode on them too. :clap:

Nice shots for first-time out with a new set of gear.... The D90 does a pretty good job on exposure in most situations. I also see you went straight manual-mode on them too. :clap:
Not the first time I've had it out :oops: Dad's had it for about a year now and I've played with it more than a few times.

Dad has been into photography since before I came around, still has his Nikon F4 laying around somewhere, and he taught me the basics, its just a matter of applying them.

Back