• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NMBDR after the snow melt (mostly)

Ok, got a video compilation completed and uploaded to YouTube. Let’s see if this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Motorcyclist

For anybody looking for good dual sport bags I recommend the Giant Loops I bought for this trip. Strapped em on and never gave them a second thought. Tough and have plenty of volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly recommend the Giant Loop stuff also. My son and I were near y’all. The snow just got worse going north.

We were actually on the CDR. That pic was about 20 miles south of Del Norte, CO. I’ll put a ride report together soon.

I normally ride with a GoPro attached to the chin bar of my helmet, which makes taking pictures easy. About 20 minutes after leaving Mayhill , heading south to the start, a bee flew up my sleeve, and stung me. In my flailing, I broke the GoPro right off the mount, and it shattered on the pavement. So my only pictures were taken from my phone, which is why I took so few.

Stopped in Pagosa for a pic of the balloon.

Trail break at old mine. Derek found an old mine tunnel and we explored a bit.

Derek had commented several times that his rear tire was needing replacement, but decides to roost me when I get off to open the gates for us????!!

Water break

Cooling off after Chloride Canyon.

Derek and I are both in construction, and stop at most older buildings.

Outside of Reserve, near the AZ border, north of 9000'. The highest point until Section 7.

The world's most expensive, over designed, over built mine shaft cap.

Our fist encounter with snow flurries, outside Grants.

Another ranch hand cabin

The valley between Grants and Cuba is amazingly beautiful

horse stables

Random dude

Ranch gate

Coyote NM. We have managed to avoid rain, but are headed toward this thunderhead. Just as we approach, the road bends and we miss the brunt of it. We never put on any rain gear the whole trip. This is my last photo before my phone ran out of juice...

85f838a3-1857-4396-97f5-58b2a9be4df5-jpeg.jpg

Seems way late in the year to be seeing this. I'll be making my annual pilgrimage soon. Folks in the Crested area say passes are still closed in the high country. Should be an interesting season.

Back