• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NMBDR Week of October 5th

Alberto; what contact details do you need for zoom meeting? Only email or more?
To all interested in October 5th week NM BDR, please message your email address for a Zoom meeting on Tuesday night, 7:30 pm which Alberto is kind enough to arrange. Thank you Mark Corsetti corsetti517@yahoo.com

Alberto; what contact details do you need for zoom meeting? Only email or more?
To all interested in October 5th week NM BDR, please message your email address for a Zoom meeting on Tuesday night, 7:30 pm which Alberto is kind enough to arrange. Thank you Mark Corsetti corsetti517@yahoo.com
Good morning Mark, actually I can just set the meeting up and post the information here. Anyone interested in joining us just need to click the link below or access www.zoom.us and enter the meeting ID, then follow the instructions.

opic: NMBDR Oct 5th
Time: Sep 22, 2020 07:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/79369338521?pwd=blp2WnRiSkc0cDd0d2dhK2tJTWtPQT09

Meeting ID: 793 6933 8521
Passcode: twt

After you have clicked the link or entered the meeting ID, you will be asked to install Zoom app, this is optional, you can also joing the meeting from the internet browser by clicking on "launch meeting" and then you will see below "join from your browser". I think this way is easier. Passcode is twt (all lower case).

Regards,
Alberto.

1600689752225.png

Last edited:
So i just found this thread and would love to do this trip with other riders (planning on doing it solo) but wont be around that week. Moved to Wimberley and it would be great to meet some riders in the area. Everybody have a great time !

Hello Privateer; Thank you for your well wishes. I've done most of NMBDR before and loved it so much that I'm doing it again. NM is an amazingly beautiful state. I would caution against doing it solo. We hit some of the worst mud and slipperiest conditions we'd ever encountered and plenty of places for your bike to end up on top of you. By the way, I don't have my map handy, (yes, I still use maps) - Where is Wimberley? Look forward to meeting on the trail one day. Best Regards Mark

Meeting dropped, please follow the link below

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 796 8513 7199
Passcode: 5W7jN8

Sorry I missed the meeting. After some thought I'll be skipping this ride, maybe try again in 2021 if things are looking better. Thanks for organizing @AdvenchaB4Demencha .

Hey JoToPe; Sounds great, would love to see the link.

Last time doing the NMBDR for me was in 2017 & we started as three riders. Met several times in advance and All agreed on sanity and not looking to set a land speed record. Long days ride to Dell City, on BDR next morning.
Day one - first guy takes wrong road as he got sick of waiting for us (me). He ended up crashing (again),got his leg caught under those hard boxes and broke his leg. Laid on side of road for 5 hours until found by a couple of cowboys who took him to a regional hospital. We (remaining 2) had no ideas where he was due to zero cell coverage. We (2) make it to Weed before rain, hail and sleet hit us hard. First night of camping in mountain paddock with tents icing up over night.
Next day (2nd day of BDR) to Cloudcroft & overnight in Ruidoso.
Next day (3rd day of BDR) made it to T&C camping at Elephant Butte lake.
Next day (4th day) made it west of Reserve and camped,
Next day (5th) made it to Grants. Other fellow felt I wasn't riding fast enough flew past me never to be seen again. [Next day his new R1200GSA] caught fire between his legs due to faulty coil and too much fuel. Used all his water to put out the burning bike. Took BMW rescue a day and a half to find him (via spot). Me - I overnighted in Grant, next day went to Sandia BMW, they were great and lent me what I needed to service my R1200GSA, and I had an amazing trip back towards Houston and home. Didn't mean to write a diatribe, just kept going. Oh yeah, guy who broke his leg blames me too for not keeping up.
I was having too great of a wonderful time marveling at natural beauty of the ride, watching rattles fight and doing my usual "life is the journey, not always the destination". Remember to balance on two wheels. Best Regards AdvenchaB4Demencha
Sounds like passing you and running off is bad juju

Can’t make this ride due to a couple of projects next week. Next time, guys. Looking forward to the pics and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four days after we start. Have a ride report going on the other forum with pretrip stuff so far. Will try to update along the way.

as of October 7th - Its not only that there is no fuel in Luna, Mechanic related to me that the store / gas station is another victim of Covid and has gone out of business. We had to head west to the sole station in Alpine, Arizona (about 15 miles west of Luna). We found plenty of fuel in Antonito, CO however.

I'll be doing the NM BDR Oct 17 to 24.
You will love it. Last section remains the absolute best and a wonderful way to finish it up. Wishing you great riding. Suggest camping on trail as any and all state or national campsites all require reservations at least four days in advance. We never found one available so we kept to the woods............ Great Riding.......

Elephant Butte camp host was awesome. Helped us get the camp site and was a stand up guy. My ride ended at the end of section 3 with a front taco and discovered this morning that the rear picked up a nail somewhere along the way. Chloride Canyon was amazing. That right turn out of it almost got me.
C4D6A842-06BC-481C-B2EA-AB8D9B0A183B.jpeg

7777EF3B-5C41-4528-A9C4-088D40F399D0.jpeg

Elephant Butte camp host was awesome. Helped us get the camp site and was a stand up guy. My ride ended at the end of section 3 with a front taco and discovered this morning that the rear picked up a nail somewhere along the way. Chloride Canyon was amazing. That right turn out of it almost got me. View attachment 276663

View attachment 276662

What did you hit to bend the rim?

Back