• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No Moto GP??

Is the track in Austin city limits or under their jurisdiction?

Sports events are going to really take it on the news for the next few weeks. I follow Formula 1. The China GP has been cancelled; probably a good thing. Bahrain will go on as scheduled, but there will be no spectators present, although Sky & ESPN will still televise the event.

There are concerts at venues here that hold over 2500 and they have not been canceled yet

Yes, it is.

Just read on Google where Indianapolis Speedway may replace COTA this year. Said temperature lower in July

FIM President Jorge Viegas admits the coronavirus outbreak could force more MotoGP races to be cancelled.
In an interview with Catalunya Radio, Viegas admitted the FIM and Dorna were already looking at new dates for the Austin race as the chances of it going ahead on its planned date of April 5 are now “very low”.

"We are already working to find alternative dates for the race in Austin," said Viegas. “But at this moment things are evolving so fast that we cannot say more.”

Qatar GP was cancelled already. Moto 2 and Moto 3 ran as scheduled. I believe Qatar had a ban on travel from Italy is the reason the GP was canceled.

I have eight grandstand tickets, my daughter and her BF can't join us. Was going to put the tix up for sale at the early bird price I had but with the huge Italian connection I'm really doubting this event will be held.
Right now there's a real possibility the race will be run at COTA but with no spectators.
If it's cancelled, I'm betting Ticketmaster is not refunding their service charge, they're the only ones who'll come away whole.

Qatar GP was cancelled already. Moto 2 and Moto 3 ran as scheduled. I believe Qatar had a ban on travel from Italy is the reason the GP was canceled.
Yes, getting teams and bikes out of Italy doesn't seem possible right now. Guess F-1 facing the same problems.

At this rate, I can't imagine any of the spring races will happen. If the growth continues like global CDC's are predicting, then it'll take the warmer summer weather to slow the virus growth...

So, shall we bet on which event will be the 1st GP race of 2020? I'll guess Catalan, June 7th (assuming warn weather stops spread in April and May)

Seems the real deciding factor will be getting teams out of their respective countries.

"DORNA will make an announcement tomorrow at 3pm that the US MotoGP will be postponed from April 3-5 to Nov 6-8.

From a source I trust."

Who knows who this guy "trusts" but could be right, lol. NOT MY SOURCE.

3 weeks after Formula 1, I wonder if they will leave the extra stands up? Also UT home game on Saturday so that will make the hotels a bit more full. Hopefully. If they don't it is because UT is having a bad season.

3 weeks after Formula 1, I wonder if they will leave the extra stands up? Also UT home game on Saturday so that will make the hotels a bit more full. Hopefully. If they don't it is because UT is having a normal season.

FIFY

Sad times for @Jarrett he won’t be able to race. [emoji12]
Maybe....maybe not. I know of at least one track day organization that has contacted COTA looking to hold a track day there that weekend since the track will now be available.

I might actually do more riding that weekend than I would have as a spectator.

Just cancelled last 10 days of Houston Rodeo. Unreal. Wonder if we're not getting whole story.

Just cancelled last 10 days of Houston Rodeo. Unreal. Wonder if we're not getting whole story.
A new case popped up in Montgomery County unrelated to international travel. So it has now officially shifted to community spread status. That is reason for the new crackdowns. Tour Houston cancelled also. Today WHO has reclassified the virus as a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Back