• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No Moto GP??

A new case popped up in Montgomery County unrelated to international travel. So it has now officially shifted to community spread status. That is reason for the new crackdowns. Tour Houston cancelled also. Today WHO has reclassified the virus as a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Conroe ISD on spring break, Montgomery schools just closed.

Just cancelled last 10 days of Houston Rodeo. Unreal. Wonder if we're not getting whole story.

I've worked production in a few rodeos, and me and many co-workers are always sick after from all the airborne dirt mixed with dried animal poop. A respiratory virus like this would be a wildfire in those conditions.

NBA has suspended the season. No telling what we'll wake up to.

I fear this is just going to start snow balling like crazy, which will only feed the panic... :doh:

You're exactly right. Downhill from here. Wait till there's a Walker County case.

We are already seeing events canceled here. Dad has been getting emails from his church about canceled events. My nephew lives at New Danville just North of Conroe and they are canceling all events for March and possibly April. Should be interesting to see if SHSU does anything after kids get back from Spring Break.

I don't remember anyone making a big deal out of the swine flu and how many people have died in the US because of this

I don't remember anyone making a big deal out of the swine flu and how many people have died in the US because of this
Social media is driving this. In the past rumors or truths couldn't spread this fast. Everything now a days is a BIG deal.

MotoGP and Ticketmaster are in no hurry to offer refunds. Event is 'postponed', not cancelled. Ticketmaster polilcy says refunds for postponed events are dependent on the event sponsor. MotoGP is doubtless reeling from the cancellations and is gonna hang on to our money as long as possible. :argh:

COTA just let go of most of their personnel.

Wow... Think of all the people this affects: racers, mechanics, umbrella girls, photogs, news people, shipping personnel, track employees, etc... And that is just for ONE sport series. Now think of all the various series that have been canceled. Think of all the hotels, restaurants, bars, Ubers, etc... that won't be doing the business they might have been expecting. Again, that is just related to big special events. Now think about all the day to day activity that people count on in the absence of big events and even that will be seriously curtailed. The economic impact of this will be huge and the effects will ripple out for years.

Back