• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No Texas in 2021 NEPG

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
There will still be an AMA National Hare and Hound in 2021 in Texas. Early February. Maybe some Texas riders will actually support it but most likely not. I heard ( was not there) that there ended up being a bunch of no shows at the Enduro last weekend, but I guess the NEPG and the local club had 700 riders' worth of entry money either way.

There will still be an AMA National Hare and Hound in 2021 in Texas. Early February. Maybe some Texas riders will actually support it but most likely not. I heard ( was not there) that there ended up being a bunch of no shows at the Enduro last weekend, but I guess the NEPG and the local club had 700 riders' worth of entry money either way.
Looking at results I'd say you heard right! When is the H&H? I'll try to stir up some s/e Tx riders.

Looking at results I'd say you heard right! When is the H&H? I'll try to stir up some s/e Tx riders.

First weekend in February, the 6th/7th. Youth races will be the 6th and everyone else the 7th. Because of low rider turn out we were going to close the books of doing it in 2021 but we received some feedback from the regular NHHA riders mostly out of California about how it was their favorite race and now we are back on the schedule. Mostly we are just gluttons for punishment, ha.

Last edited:
First weekend in February, the 6th/7th. Youth races will be the 6th and everyone else the 7th. Because of low rider turn out we were going to close the books of doing it in 2021 but we received some feedback from the regular NHHA riders mostly out of California about how it was their favorite race and now we are back on the schedule. Mostly we are just gluttons for punishment, ha.
Unless really involved in the sport, most riders I know here in the eastern half of TX had no idea there was a Natl H&H here in TX. Promotion seems lacking. But I agree it is getting harder and harder to get guys to go to the distant events. I still prefer the W TX stuff but too far to travel alone.

Unless really involved in the sport, most riders I know here in the eastern half of TX had no idea there was a Natl H&H here in TX. Promotion seems lacking. But I agree it is getting harder and harder to get guys to go to the distant events. I still prefer the W TX stuff but too far to travel alone.

Yes Irish, promotion has been lacking. Poor dates with conflicts have been assigned the last few years. Still don't think any of that made a material difference on rider count. However, we tried to do some better due diligence this year and picked a date that seems pretty clear as far as other races that same weekend. Plus, the California riders drive half way across the country. We are less than a 6 hour driver from the Metroplex and from Austin. OKC too.

You mention the W TX stuff. The H&H guys love our place and our trails. They can't get their heads around that we lease 13,000 acres of private land and have it all to ourselves.

I've already shared on my Facebook page and as it gets closer will try to persuade a few your way! Maybe someone in the Dallas area will do the same! @WFO75080 or
@2WheelNut .

What event would you like me to share? Not sure I am following here.

Got a link?

Don't think they have the event flyer up yet.

I'll put the word out with my circle of friends. I was signed up for Caprock. If they got rain I was going. I didn't go. At 61 I don't do dust anymore. I talked with a buddy that races the National enduro series and he said he knew it was going to be a light turnout because it was the last race and it was so far for a lot of folks. I believe the race was rescheduled or it would have had a better turnout.

Back