• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas KLR650 Rider - Hello Everyone!

Jampad

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Russell
Very excited to become an active member of this forum full of two wheel loving folks like myself who love "life, liberty, and the pursuit of adventure"! With a moto like that I know the site will be full of great people........

I reside in Denison, Texas and sure hope to cross paths with folks all across Texas who share my passion of riding. I fell in love with motorcycles way back around 8 years old when I got my first bike, a '79 Kawasaki KD80M.

Had a few more motorcycles since those days including '82 Can am 125, '85 Honda 200X (Three Wheeler), '87 Kawasaki KLR250 (Got my Class M license on this one! :rider:), '89 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 250, '07 Kawasaki KLX250S, '13 Yamaha WR250, and currently my new love is a '14.5 KLR650....... Seems like I had another Kawasaki KLR250 in there somewhere but I can't figure out when. A Few times in there where I went years without a bike but always got the fever and had to get one. Now, I can't see myself without one until my days are done...

I joined this forum because as I'm getting into my prime I really want to do some adventure riding. Never have taken any long trips on my bike and I can see myself doing that in the future. Makes me smile just thinking about it. And, some camping trips on the bike. Wow, makes me giddy inside thinking about this........ Anyway, I will figure out how to get some pics on here of me and my bike and hope to get to know some of you guys/gals and hopefully in the near future meet and greet and maybe even take an adventure or two with some of you! Happy Trails!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you want to do some camping, keep an eye out for the monthly Pie Run camp out threads in the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum. It is a great way to see the gear other folks are using, how they pack it, and maybe even find some camping buddies. Of course, you need to come to the Pie Runs as well ;-)

Hello Jampad
Glad to here from another KLR rider.
Have you added any accessories or upgrades yet?
Post a picture.

Thank you Tourmeister! I will keep my eyes on the upcoming trips for sure and make it my goal to meet some folks on here this year.......... Maybe find some riding buddies. Thanks!:rider:

Thank you tshelfer! You are right in my backyard...... Well, maybe not that close but not too far...

Last edited:
Hey Montejay, loving my KLR650.... Speaking of mods, I actually just made my first change to the bike today.. I added a pair of 714 Pro Grip Dual Sport grips. Not much of a mod but a nice change anyway. And, I have a Moose Adventure 4"+ Windscreen ordered and should arrive Monday. And, have some new mirrors on the way and should be here Tuesday........ So, no major mods but a few things that I think will be improvements over the stock items. A few items I would like to possibly add in the future will be: some type of luggage, highway pegs, new seat, and maybe some exhaust.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! Some great folks on here who love to ride and enjoy good company. Lots of KLRS lurking here, including mine.

Thanks greenhornet! Glad to be here....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi Gravel Guy! Seems to be a strong KLR community on here.... :)

Welcome from another 14 klr owner from Arlington!
Im having an absolute blast with mine. There are some good camp trips coming up, check em out. Would be cool to have more klr's out there. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you snapp600! I will definitely check the upcoming trips out... I will try to represent the KLR community well... Thanks for the info!

Back