• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas TEAT info?

Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Last Name
Romero
I am thinking of riding the North Texas segment of the TEAT. Has anoyne on the DFW area done this segment and has any suggestions? My current plan is to ride solo from Tioga to north of Paris on my wr250r, and spend one night along the way camping, probably at Caddo National Grassland. The segment is 200 miles and can probably be done easily in one long day, but I am not in a hurry and want to take my time. Also, I don't believe this is a technical ride, so I am not worried about tires - I have Mitas E7s 50% worn, and I think they should do the job. Anyone has any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 3.17.47 PM.png

Awesome! Would this be more of a dr650 type of ride or super tenere?

Thanks,
( wanting to do a camp and ride from the 18th through the 23rd of this month.)

So, what's the TEAT? Does it cross all of Texas? Any maps or tracks (free or purchase)? I'd like to learn a bit more, but I'm not joining Facebook just for this...

Got this off of the TEAT Facebook page. Not sure it helps much. Looks interesting.
Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.37.19 AM.png

Last edited:
That looks just like the Texas Dirty Loop. I've spent some time on it up around Nicona, Muenster, Gainesville, Sherman. It's ok.
The part I rode could EASLY be done on a big bike. Pretty tame.

Awesome! Would this be more of a dr650 type of ride or super tenere?

Thanks,
( wanting to do a camp and ride from the 18th through the 23rd of this month.)

Tenere would be fine and fun. Let me know and I will join you for part of the camp and ride

Back