• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Northern Arkansas Memorial Day weekend 24-27th.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
WHEN:
I am heading up to Arkansas May 24-27th. Will arrive Friday evening, ride Saturday and Sunday, then head home Monday.

WHERE:
I have three double queen non-smoking rooms reserved at the Hampton Inn in Harrison. As of right now, it will be me and my son Daniel (12), Rsquared and his son Mason (30). Daniel and I can split a room with another rider, leaving one extra room.

Rooms are $414.90 (tax included) for Friday through Sunday night, free breakfast included.

It would be nice to have three more riders to bring us up to six total. We don't want more than six as it gets hard to keep a bigger group moving. We would prefer that they be fairly experienced, meaning not new to adv riding on their first adv bike. Also, riders need to carry tools to handle basic repairs/flats and know how to use them. There are likely to be a few water crossings, so the ability to pull your spark plug(s) is necessary in case your bike ends up flooded.

I will be canceling the extra room this coming weekend if I don't have any takers.

I am not a crack of dawn rider. Each morning we will meet in the hotel parking lot around 8:30-8:45am and leave at 9:00am. We'll stop some time in the afternoon for lunch, but you might want to pack a few snacks just in case... We generally end back at the hotel in time for clean up and dinner, then hang out for a while in the evenings.

I will be riding two up on my 2017 1200 GS. I am not sure which bikes of Roger's fleet he and Mason will be riding, but the smallest is likely to be his KTM 690. Any 650+ bike will be fine for this ride. There will be some fun fast pavement, so you will want a bike that is fun on fast pavement :-P You need to be able to run maybe 125-150 miles on a tank of gas. You will need to bring CASH because not all gas stations up there take credit cards.

The routes will be big bike friendly, consisting of paved and unpaved roads. One day will be all in Arkansas in the area SE of Harrison. The other day will run up into Southern Missouri. ALL of the roads in these areas are fantastic.

CONFIRMED RIDERS:
Tourmeister + passenger
Rsquared
Mason

The tentative routes are attached.

GPX viewer - North Route

GPX viewer - South Route

GPX viewer - Potential Bonus Road on North Route

Attachments

• Arkansas May 2019-North.gpx
    563.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Arkansas May 2019-South.gpx
    399.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Arkansas May 2019-North-BonusRoad.gpx
    5.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Sounds like fun. Playing in a hockey tournament in Houston with my sons that weekend or I'd be very interested.

I don't think I can either but I sure would like to. I've read your ride reports from up there and tried to follow along on Google maps. I want to ride that some day for sure!

I would definitely be in if I hadn't already made plans to do the NMBDR. Leave on 5/27. I'm leaving Thursday for Clarksville, Arkansas riding up into Missouri, back on Sunday.
Sounds like a HOOT! Have fun and be safe.

I think I might join up, will confirm tomorrow.

Update - Consider me "In", I just booked a room at the hampton inn (I had points to use). Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I think I might join up, will confirm tomorrow.

Update - Consider me "In", I just booked a room at the hampton inn (I had points to use). Looking forward to it!

So don't need one of the rooms I have booked then?

Right now it is Rsquared, me, and my son Daniel. Rsquared's son isn't going to be able to make it. So you make three.

If anyone else is on the fence, I will be letting the other rooms go this weekend, so decide quick!

Which bike are you bringing, the 1290 or 800?

The routes in the first post have not been changed, so if you have them loaded on your GPS, you should be good to go.

Back