• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Northern New Mexico Trip

Reaction score
I can't complain. I've been riding everyday. We have a family home up here for 30 years so I know some nice trails in the Kit Carson National Forest. Picked up my new DRZ about 5 weeks ago. Riding around 10,500 feet in elevation, no issues so far, bike is running great. I've been up some steep hairy trails, I've already dropped and bailed a few times, learning 8-)
1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered the "Indian Country Map" from the petrifiedforestbookstore.com It covers southern Utah/Colorado and northern Arizona/New Mexico.
It is a California AAA map that has tons of detail. I know about it from reading the Tony Hillerman series of books that use the Navajo Tribal Police as a basis. While they are novels, the culture and locations are very real. The two main characters use this map on a regular basis.
Mine came last week and it is awesome. So many square miles around the 4 Corners area down to the gnat's behind. I think it was $10.95 with the postage.
I have an 04 KLX 400. Maybe we will meet up one day! Basically the same as yours, fantastic bike. RH

I just ordered the "Indian Country Map" from the petrifiedforestbookstore.com It covers southern Utah/Colorado and northern Arizona/New Mexico.
It is a California AAA map that has tons of detail. I know about it from reading the Tony Hillerman series of books that use the Navajo Tribal Police as a basis. While they are novels, the culture and locations are very real. The two main characters use this map on a regular basis.
Mine came last week and it is awesome. So many square miles around the 4 Corners area down to the gnat's behind. I think it was $10.95 with the postage.
I have an 04 KLX 400. Maybe we will meet up one day! Basically the same as yours, fantastic bike. RH

Sounds like a plan. The states you mention I would love to ride and explore, especially Utah.

Back