• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not bad for the first solo trip.

Thank you all for your support! And Blue Collar....you would have been walking with me wouldn't you?? heheheh...high fives!!

So the river trip was moved to daylight which means I won't be freezing to death AND there will be pictures. I have been riding this river for a few years and the first ride was a night fishing trip. Ken was on the ride and caught a fish. We learned later that it is 'called' a fishing trip but no one catches fish. I froze. Every ride since I add some piece of proper river wear. So this year here is the list:

Dry bag
nylon shorts
nylon shirt
fleece top
patagonia long johns that are fast drying
splash pants
sandals
wool beanie
sun hat
PFD
and the jacket liner from my motorcycle jacket(who knew it was perfect for the river?)
and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee....

People do farkle their rafts by the way. Just yesterday I saw a raft with a flag pole. Attached was a rubber chicken.

There is a party on Mt Elbert tonight. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. Late tomorrow....

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
... There is a party on Mt Elbert tonight. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. Late tomorrow....
"On", as in on top? Better plan on 5-6 hours to walk up there. Been there, done that.

As for catching a fish when nobody else could, well, not the first time I've done the impossible.

Okay, this is just too danged fun.
Are there any openings there? Do they need a resident biologist nerd? A gonzo reporter?

I'm very glad you are having a good time. Welcome to LAC.*
Enjoy every second of it.

* Life After Children

Oops City of Elbert...not Mt. Elbert. It is a "band reunion' of a fellow's high school group. He does it every year on his land. He lives completely off the grid with 5000 watts of solar. He even has a heated pool. They are old farts like me and that is a relief because holding my gut in around all of these young fit river guides is getting tiring.

Ken? Did I ever thank you for getting me into riding?

Here is a shot of where I am headed today.

Attachments

Elzi, a year from now we could make the first road trip of the Wild Sows a reality. Hannah will be ready; you will be riding again; your daughter; Hannah's friend Heather rides already; and any ladies and daughters from the forum who wish to join us. We could even allow fellows who wish to repair our bikes and serve us along the way. :lol2: :lol2:

The trick that makes this adventure fun is the connection through Joe to the local action.

In the next post I will show everyone my cool new hat. I have waited a lifetime for this hat.

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
.. Ken? Did I ever thank you for getting me into riding? ... .
No. Nor have you thanked me for booting your attention outside yourself and beyond your past, but that's okay. Really, it's kind of like putting a return address in a bottle, and receiving a postcard from a stranger in some far-off location years later. Happy future. Bye-bye.

Got in a ride on the river, and it always amazes me how much work fun can be.

Still working on that wood pile.

IMG_0133.jpg

You pack everything you might need for any kind of weather, then pack up the boat.

IMG_0134.jpg

Take it all to the 'put-in' and unload the boat and everything you need on the river.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Leave the boat by the water. These rafts cost more than many of our motorcycles, by the way. Many are around $8000.

IMG_0137.jpg

This is Deb's house. She is allowing us access to the river and throwing a party tonight...a moonlight run.

IMG_0138.jpg

Once the boat is made ready, a vehicle has to be taken to the 'take-out' point. This is Hecla.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

It is not only a very popular take out point, but it is a camp ground with fun dirt roads going to it. The charge is $14 a night.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

It has become popular because not long after it on the river is Slidell rapids which flips even very experienced guides. Last year we got into the river right behind a flash flood and found Hecla closed. We took a ride through Slidell and lived to tell about it.

Once you drop your vehicle, you go back to the put-in. Joe has a good set up with River Betty hitched to the truck. He drops the truck and we ride out in Betty.

Now we get on the river. I took pictures when I would not be risking the camera.

IMG_0154.jpg

Look close. There are several climbers on the cliffs.

IMG_0155.jpg

Their dog made it to the top before they could. On the far right the streaks of color earned this the name Rainbow Rock.

IMG_0156.jpg

We are actually moving swiftly, so some of the pictures are blurred. Notice the PFD's on the dogs. Most dog owners use them for their pets now.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

I was so pleased when Tony caught up with us on the river. He is known on the Arkansas as the Old Man of the River. He is the person considered to know more about this river than any other. He was out goofiing around in a Pickle...the small boat he is in. The woman with him ran out to the bank and hollered for someone to get her out of there. No one says no on the river. She was WAAAYY drunk.

IMG_0162.jpg

We ride about 8 miles and the WHOLE way there are cliffs on both sides like these. Notice the tent at the bottom.

IMG_0163.jpg

Look at the oar blade in the bottom left. There are pirhanah...no...pirranah...no....fish with big teeth. Well I blew that joke...:lol2:

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

It really is a great hat.

IMG_0172.jpg

How you doin'?

IMG_0173.jpg

Hey it's MY vacation.
IMG_0174.jpg

Rain which falls over a desert and drys up on the way down is called virga. When John Denver wrote "Rocky Mountain High" he said, "But the Colorado rocky mountain high
Ive seen it rainin fire in the sky." He was watching the sun light up the virga.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Joe decided to do the moonlight run because he got 4 cute girls to ride with him, so the Elbert reunion was passed up. I am on Deb's deck hearing the river and watching the moon rise. Life is sweet.

Komadore Obvious arrives tomorrow!

Elzi, a year from now we could make the first road trip of the Wild Sows a reality. Hannah will be ready; you will be riding again; your daughter; Hannah's friend Heather rides already; and any ladies and daughters from the forum who wish to join us.
That would be fun and tempting. Perhaps on my way to Utah!

Rain which falls over a desert and drys up on the way down is called virga.

IMG_0183.jpg
Ah, the magic of the desert. Great photo, Soozy.
I captured the same over the desert in Big Bend; it captured me, too. Don't you just love the West? :clap:

BTW, where is the source of the Arkansas? Been there?

The moonlight river trip ended after dawn. Joe rolled in and told me he needed to sleep but had to hear the river. I pointed at the river. He walked out to his truck and climbed up into the boat on top.

IMG_0185.jpg

As soon as he fell asleep, Hannah (Komodore Obvious) and Heather arrived from Texas. Yeah! They are here!

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

They had driven through the night, but still wanted to do something, so we took a trip to St. Elmo, a Colorado ghost town. Here are lots of scenery pictures for you.

White dog with polka dot ears
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Aspen trees
IMG_0222.jpg

Their wood is soft and they basically bleed and scab when scratched, but their scab never heals. People carve into them by the thousands to leave their mark on nature. It is a shame.

IMG_0278.jpg

St. Elmo. I kept watching for ghosts. All I got were postcard pictures.

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

Why were they laughing when they took this?

IMG_0297.jpg

Chipmunks and ground squirrels

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Don’t think they aren’t dangerous. This body had been here for days.
IMG_0252.jpg

Ruby throated Hummingbirds. Sometimes there are 100’s of them feeding at one time. Digital cameras have that time lag that nearly defies timing a perfect shot, so I stuck the camera close and kept shooting. I finally got one shot where the ruby throat lit up in the light.

IMG_0266.jpg

Hannah and Heather have been friends since 7th grade. They were members of a Destination Imagination team that earned a place in Global competition 5 times and placed 4 times. Their senior year they were first. This competition involves creative problem solving, theatrics, and engineering. They are creative….you have to watch your back all the time when they are around.

IMG_0294.jpg

More scenery

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Heather wore out.

IMG_0314.jpg

The girls are asleep on the trampoline by the creek under the sycamores.

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
Why did you post so many pictures of Hannah's butt? You planning to set her up with a biker or something?

I'm closer to that stuff than you. But somehow, I never manage to see it.:doh:

Good on ya for the following reasons:

1) Going alone. The iPod was a blessing, wasn't it? When I did Utah, I came to love my XM radio.

2) Going alone on a scooter. Sure, it's a maxi-scooter but it flies in the face of conventional wisdom that you need a BIG bike to tour.

3) Going alone on a scooter and being a lady. Don't need to elaborate on that point.

4) Going to someplace cool. :clap:

Well done. You are now de-n00bed touring rider.:rider:

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
I'm closer to that stuff than you. But somehow, I never manage to see it.:doh:

Good on ya for the following reasons:

1) Going alone. The iPod was a blessing, wasn't it? When I did Utah, I came to love my XM radio.

2) Going alone on a scooter. Sure, it's a maxi-scooter but it flies in the face of conventional wisdom that you need a BIG bike to tour.

3) Going alone on a scooter and being a lady. Don't need to elaborate on that point.

4) Going to someplace cool. :clap:

Well done. You are now de-n00bed touring rider.:rider:
+1,000,000

Any results with the job hunting? I hope you find a good one and can stand the winter.

+1,000,000

Any results with the job hunting? I hope you find a good one and can stand the winter.
As of now, I'm staying put and will be attending college. I'm gonna be a math/science/auto shop teacher. I start in September. May go full time if I like it.

Just a short report today.

The girls set up camp at Cambo. I could not see what they were doing until the flash went off. This was definitely the least rude. I love my cool little tent. It weighs 4 pounds and takes up very little space when traveling. I packed a foam pad, a thermarest pad, and a blanket rolled together. They take up less room than most sleeping bags and have proven to be very comfy and warm. On the return trip I am going to roll the sleep gear around the tent. It will be just big enough to make a backrest on the bike.

IMG_0315.jpg

Joe took us all down the river. I still haven't come up with a way to shoot pictures of the wild parts. I am working on it.

The crew with river legend, Mikey.

IMG_0321.jpg

The group we followed. They were...uh...loaded. I think the girl in blue had to be held in.

IMG_0325.jpg

We staged this one to upset Heather's mom.

IMG_0326.jpg

Some of the rafting companies have to launch from the high side of the bank, so they built these long staircases.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

We're to sexy for this tiki bar...too sexy

IMG_0324.jpg

We found a fabulous pay shower.

And saw these trucks.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Today, the girls are hiking and I am off for a scooter ride.:rider:

About the iPod...

With the wind noise, I had to really turn it up to get more than the sound of chipmunks. That seemed fine for a time. Then I realized my ears were hurting from the volume and maybe the wind, also. I tried stuffing the head phones wrapped in tissue in my ears. Helped some. So I am looking for suggestions on helmet noise solutions. Or headphone suggestions.

Surprisingly, I use earplugs with the in-helmet speakers. It cuts down the wind noise, but the music still comes thru well enough without having to turn it up to The Who concert levels.

First Name
Adam
Last Name
McCreight
I cannot handle ear buds in my ear with the helmet on for more than 30 minutes. So, I went the more expensive route with an Autocomm system that has speakers you install in the helmet. Upside is I can wear earplugs and still hear the music. This actually keeps me refreshed, i guess wind noise beats me down.

But if you can handle stuff in your ears, "they" make earphones that work like ear plugs. Check out acrostic, they have a healthy array of your choices.

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
You kidding? Biker trash? :eek2:

I bet she plans to introduce her to some nice young fella with a scooter.
Hannah needs no help finding boys. She's just really picky, and justifiably so. I doubt she will settle for any guy riding a scooter.

First Name
Elly
Last Name
Jensen
Elzi, a year from now we could make the first road trip of the Wild Sows a reality. Hannah will be ready; you will be riding again; your daughter; Hannah's friend Heather rides already; and any ladies and daughters from the forum who wish to join us. We could even allow fellows who wish to repair our bikes and serve us along the way. :lol2: :lol2:

The trick that makes this adventure fun is the connection through Joe to the local action.

In the next post I will show everyone my cool new hat. I have waited a lifetime for this hat.
I would love to be invited on that trip.

I ride a Burgman 650 as well.

Elly

Here are a few shots of the wildest part of the river run we took a few days ago. These are courtesy of Josh and Christine's business Whitewater Photography.

d950f66e.jpg

1c01909f.jpg

fcd9273a.jpg

d2331860.jpg

Hannah and Heather took a hike up to Vaile Falls. Here are their pics.

Heather_Camera_Pictures004.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures009.jpg

There is a girl in this picture.

Heather_Camera_Pictures021.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures018.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures017.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures011.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures013.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures012.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures031.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures016.jpg

Heather_Camera_Pictures014.jpg

I took a ride up to Leadville in response to Elzi's question about the headwaters of the Arkansas River.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Here are the headwaters. But really there is a reservoir that releases water through the summer to keep the river at a flow good enough for rafting. All the companies pay a fee for this. The only folks who can demand water be released are the old time ranchers from the 1800's who have water rights. Seems the fee goes to them. On August 17 this flow will stop for the year and the flow will drop from around 1400cfs to 300.

IMG_0351.jpg

The views on the ride were so very pretty.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

That evening the girls roasted corn on the cob, potatoes, and brats. Dessert was fresh strawberries and whipped cream over angel food cake. Mikey and Joe joined us. All of the leftovers lasted only seconds when the girls carried them to the river guide's camp fire.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

The girls and I drove to Crested Butte to try and catch a concert, but it rained and was canceled. Here are some of the sights along the drive. We stopped at the continental divide and hiked up to the peak.

IMG_0384.jpg

[Zoom zoom.... (we loved riding that road...saw a few bikes too)

IMG_0388.jpg

At the top. Walked thru some snow to get here. I was slipping so sorry no pictures of the snow.

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

This is a 360 degree series of the view at the top.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

The ride through the Gunnison National Forest was beautiful.

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

The rain didn't stop us from wandering around Crested Butte and shooting some of the sites. This town is named for this mountain.

IMG_0429.jpg

There are flowers everywhere! The poppies are the size of saucers.

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

These were fun. Look out! You might get eaten!!

IMG_0436.jpg

Oh No!! Where did they go?

IMG_0437.jpg

They went to The Lobar on Elk Street(I call it Deep Elkum). Yum...world class sushi.

IMG_0438.jpg

Here is the inside of my cool little tent.

IMG_0375.jpg

Hannah and Heather left today. Hannah will be back Sunday with Joe's daughter, Jennifer.

Can you believe this was only 7 bucks?

IMG_0380.jpg

First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
Ahhhhhh... those pictures from the mountain top make my eyes water...

I want to be up there.

You are taking wonderful pictures on your adventure.

I'm envious. You are having such a great time, and with your daughter, too. (haven't seen Tanaya in four years......). The stories and photos are absolutely fabulous! I'm tempted to call in work -"I quit!!!"- and load up the Sherpa to join you :trust:

Thanks a bundle for the present: the source of the Arkansas. I have a fascination with rivers; they are so rich in history. What you related (regulated H2O release), fees and water rights is similar to the Klamath in Oregon. Except that people actually died in fights over it a couple years ago. The Arkansas has captivated me for several reasons, but your photos and stories centered around it near the headwaters is so neat. What a difference from the river I saw near Russelville, Arkansas! So wild.......as it should be.

I'm sorely tempted to ride up there sometime for a rafting run. Haven't done that in years; way overdue. Next July, aye? Hmmmm.........

And Gunnison!!!! Oh, man. I've been wanting to go there for years........ Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing them all.

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
Ah, she doesn't go for that badboy type?

:duck:
Naw, she is more for the intelligent, polite type that actually rides his Harley through the trailer convention and over to Burger Box on Friday night.

Gilk51

First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Well,
sucks.gif

Lousy pictures, lousy story, uninteresting, dull, boring...

MAN! do I want to be up there! :tears:

Retract the above - GREAT stories and pictures - just wish I was there... ;-)

So a few more stories for you all.

I was sitting with Deeda, the sweat lodge shaman, at her camp watching hummingbirds. I did not have my camera with me so please accept this eyewitness account.

A tiny Rufus hummingbird was protecting a feeder Deeda put up. I was checking out Deeda's bird books trying to ID that bird from an early post. She was quietly watching behind my head and whispered to be still. A female broadtailed hummingbird came around my head and and went to Deeda to hover about 6 inches from her face for many seconds, then flitted away to perch on a branch. Deeda got up and took the feeder away from the Rufus and set it on the table next to my arm. The female came down off her branch to feed.

I have seen cats, dogs, sheep, and horses remind you that it is dinner time, but this was a wild hummingbird.

The bird in my early post was a Western Tanniger.

IMG_0062-1-1.jpg

Attachments

I was driven out of camp early this morning due to hunger.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

This hog rolled in while I was enjoying breakfast.

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

It's a Whizzer!

IMG_0444.jpg

This day was made for a longer river run. Joe collected the daughters of a couple of the local doctors for the run. We met a local guide who was taking his sister, mother, and the mom's significant other down the river on the same run in a small raft called an Adrenaline. Well named!

IMG_0463.jpg

Here are the cute girls for all you fellows reading this. And here are my brother's lats for all you girls.

IMG_0448.jpg

More river scenes.

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Here is a very interesting waterfront home.

IMG_0456.jpg

It is built on the support of a long ago washed out bridge.

IMG_0457.jpg

More river shots.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

Here is the crew of the day still smiling and sharing chocolate and beer.

IMG_0461.jpg

The ride turned cold after the last shot due to rain. We had most of the tough parts of the river ahead. We were also floating in the middle of a Noah's Ark group run. We went through Zoom Flume fine and soaked as usual. Our Adrenaline group flipped early in Zoom Flume. Now we had 4 swimmers, 4 paddles, and an empty raft coming through an area where swimming is not good. There were three rafts down stream...Joe's and 2 Noah's. Without a word spoken they formed a wall to catch people and gear. I was fumbling for the throw bag as the first raft missed the first swimmer. The second raft grabbed her and a paddle and handed the paddle to me as they floated by to take our swimmer to an eddy. The woman's boyfriend who was also swimming, became upset (an absolute no no) and tried to swim to her when she missed her first rescue chance. So it took more to get him out. Noah's guides got both of these folks out. The boat eddied itself out, and the guide and his sis made it to an eddy on their own.

A swim can beat even the best swimmer up and sap ALL energy in seconds. The mom broke her hand when it went between two rocks and she kept sweeping down stream.

The very next boat had a first responder on board. He assessed her condition and got dry clothes for her before sending the crew on to the next take out. All were in good spirits when they got warmed up in their car.

My boat crew was frozen with 4 miles to go and two of the wildest parts of the river. We fortified ourselves with cheese crackers and heath bars and pulled every piece of clothing we had out of the dry bags. I had the greatest resources(yes...body fat) so I gave Joe my long johns and splash pants and he gave all of his to the girls. I used my Olympia motorcycle jacket liner as a splash jacket. It worked GREAT! I wished I had duct tape to seal the sleeve around my wrist.

We had a fabulous time through Sidel and Twin Falls and made our take out before dark.

Still smiling!

IMG_0468.jpg

We grabbed Mexican food on the ride back to camp. I put on warm clothes and went to bed. Even in my bed and dry clothes, 30 minutes later my buttcheeks were still icy.

hahahaha! Maybe that is why I am divorced.

I left out this great picture....Smokin' Indian Rock

IMG_0465.jpg

Every year a guide has to climb up there and place an 11 to 15 foot fence post in the rock to be the cigarette for the next year.

First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Johnson
Here is Jimmers shop up the road. He is the Curtis of the Rockies. He wanted to show off his newest machine...I will call it a smasher thingy. He was making the ends of metal rods into aspen leaves by smushing them just so and then just so. He built the shop himself.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Now that's my kind of guy. Good thing I'm not with you on this Adventure, I'd probably not come home.

I am so proud to have been able to contribute to your preparation for this Adventure. I had a great time getting to know you while we fought your tires on. Enjoyed every minute!

Have a great time and a safe ride home!

Miss Melissa and I are headed out that way tomorrow, but since she doesn't ride I'm going to have to trailer my KLR if I want to be able to enjoy the scenery from my bike seat. She'll ge to shop, I'll get to ride. A Win, Win!

We're probably not going to get up into Colorado much. I was hoping to kick around in North New Mexico as much as possible.

Curtis

I enjoyed it, too!! Riding on the new tires made the bike feel new. I know now what the difference is between squirrely ride and solid ride.

I have spent the last three days on the river and snapped a couple more shots of it for you. I wanted a do over on Smokin' Chief Rock because the last one was so blurry.

IMG_0494.jpg

The lighting was in my favor this time!

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Yesterday's crew...Doc Neidle, his son David, and his daughter Emma.

IMG_0498.jpg

Oh yeah, Doc you are gonna have fun!

IMG_0499.jpg

Lewis, Clarke, and another Clarke. Wow...a good hair day?

IMG_0500.jpg

That is right Doc, you may not pee on the bush.

IMG_0501.jpg

Yes, IN the river! That is the rule. We PROMISE we won't look.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Water can actually drill through a rock.

IMG_0506.jpg

We hit a rock that ejected the good Doc who was sitting beside me in the back of the boat. I saw a leg flying up and grabbed it to pin him to the boat. He had so much water flowing over him, I could not pull him back in. Joe reached back and grabbed a hand and yanked him back in. Because he was hanging off the boat with water running UP his face, he will never need his sinuses cleaned out again. We had put him in the back minutes before the small swim because he was too wet and cold. Irony. Here he is switching to warm dry clothes.

IMG_0507.jpg

I did a ride up to the continental divide and took some fun pictures along the way.

SNOW.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

Here is the bike at the divide.

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Remember Zoom-Zoom from an earlier post? What do you think this means?

IMG_0470.jpg

I met Blue at the divide. He is so beautiful! His owner said he is a cross between a boxer and a husky.

IMG_0476.jpg

I met these nice folks and Tess beside Chalk Creek. We helped each other with pictures.

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Chalk Creek flows violently. It makes it's way to the Arkansas and turns about a third of the water white for a way.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

And of course I must include shots of curvy roads.

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Remember this?

IMG_0509.jpg

I've been upgraded thanks to the local sign man, Stan.

IMG_0512.jpg

Gilk51

First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
I guess she was not offended by the gift of the original sticker... :lol2:

Is Sooz ever coming home or will she torment us with pictures forever? ;-)

Is Sooz ever coming home or will she torment us with pictures forever? ;-)[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad I get to ride vicariously through these ride reports...20 mile straight line to work in a line of cars, 20 mile sraight line home in a blast oven.:argh:

Uh oh.....

What do I owe you for the privilege of displaying this? Half my kingdom up to the cost of ice cream.
I'd take you up on ice cream, but my latest trip to the Dr says my cholesterol & triglycerides are way out of hand. :(

So I guess you're off the hook.