• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not bad for the first solo trip.

The last words of wisdom on the cardboard sign say:

Empty yourself out and let the universe fill you.

Last edited:
Okay Soozy I have put you in the cool chick category. Oh, and tell Fabio I used to have a '66 bug also.

Mike

Haha! We call him that too. And sometimes we call him Ted Nugent. My name here is Sis or 'Hey Joe's sister'.

The last words of wisdom on the cardboard sign say:

Empty yourself out and let the universe fill you.

The Texas translation is go take a leak and enjoy another beer.

Sounds like you're having a blast! See you sometime in the future.

Sheesh, I missed the fajitas de camarones from your previous day report. ¿Las fajitas de camarones es bueno, no?

Well, I've found an old gas water heater with a sound tank, a couple 55-gallon drums, and all I need is a bung fitting or two, steel pipe or copper tubing and appropriate fittings, and a few stout poles, and I can build your rock-balancing friends a wood-fired hot shower. Seems like they have plenty of wood, anyway. Reckon they'd trade a meal or two for a wood-fired hot shower?

And sometimes we call him Ted Nugent.

I was beginning to worry that I was the only one who saw it. You know, that bug would look good in zebra stripes.
nugentbronco.jpg

Don't rush home on our account. It's too hot to come back just yet.

By all means Soozy. Press on as you will.
It's too darned hot here......................
bouncy3.gif

Soozy, you might think twice about getting back home to Texas. Maybe a good time to return is somewhere between the first frost and the first snow there in absolutely beautiful Colorado where there's great things to see and wonderful atmospheres to absorb while riding the fantastic roads in those granite mountains. Neal

Here are the Zoom Flume shots from the recent river trip

_MG_1941.jpg

_MG_1942.jpg

_MG_1943.jpg

_MG_1944.jpg

_MG_1945.jpg

Here comes Teddy-C piloting his paddle crew.

_MG_1938.jpg

_MG_1939.jpg

_MG_1940.jpg

We all shared a great breakfast.

IMG_0765.jpg

She likes it like that!

IMG_0769.jpg

We wandered by the river a bit and chased this buck in full velvet around. Yes, he is pee-ing. You don't see that everyday.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

The girls put pink streaks in their hair.

IMG_0714.jpg

The night brought The White Trash Party which included beer, bonfire, white trash costumes, and white trash games.

Yes there were several couches burned.

IMG_0716.jpg

And palettes...

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Most of the women were in costumes like these...

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

And there were games like drag rides on a mattress behind a truck.

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

The fellow in the background rode standing while his girlfriend took his picture. I was shooting both of them and wonder still how her hair managed to look on fire. I showed her this picture and found out that she is a fire fighter.

IMG_0722.jpg

There were a few other games like Jump over the Fire, costume contests, and mustache contests. It was a great bonfire.

IMG_0736.jpg

Hannah clowning around.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

Teddy-C returned to town to do the river again today. We were going to do an overnight, but the weather turned rainy and cold, so we did the river any way, and some went to the hot springs afterward. I used a plastic dry bag you can shoot pictures through in an attempt to show some of the wilder parts of the river. Blurry spots are water splashed or rain...which never let up on us.

We ain't skeered of no rain!

IMG_0793.jpg

I can't believe it's not butter.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Here comes Zoom Flume. I really tried to stay with the picture snapping, but the water flattened me.

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Jayhawk Rock.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

This next set of pictures are Toilet Bowl...a whirling vortex.

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

House Rock

IMG_0897.jpg

Teddy clowning

IMG_0900.jpg

Jump rock. Jennifer and Teddy jumped hand-in-hand.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

Happy from the fun and happy to get to a warm car!

IMG_0913.jpg

Overnight river trip tomorrow?? Maybe.

Okay, I've been lurking during this whole adventure, Soozy. Time for me to post.

How did your fabulous hat make a reappearance, or did you buy a new one? or simply post your pics out of order? :clap:

Have a safe ride home, should you ever decide to return.

Helloooooo Marianne!!!!!

The hat pics were from the day the hat disappeared. I replaced the hat with an even better one. I have now spent more money on hats than gas for this trip!

Hey everyone...this is Marianne who sent me the Audio-Tecnica earbuds. We had lost contact for about 22 years and she found me on Linkedin. I am exceedingly happy to have her back in my life.

She writes and plays fun music with her band The Bats and makes sure her local animal shelter maintains by doing fund raisers through the year. She owns a sound and lighting company and she rode a motorcycle during college years without her mom's knowledge.

She has razor's edge wit with a fun dark sense of humor.

Welcome to the forum, Marianne!!

Soozy's past? hahahaha!!! There is not enough room for me to post about her past! But let me sum it up for you - I have missed her like crazy for the past 22 years! Last time I saw her, she only had 2 kids.

We met at YCC - Youth Conservation Camp, in Tallahassee. She was the director, I was a counselor. It's still hard for me to believe that parents trusted their kids with us all summer. BIG MISTAKE!

Soozy got me in the first band that I ever played in, an all girl, new wave band, called "The Guise". We sucked. But it started me down a path of rock and roll and destruction. More of the R&R and less of the destruction.

Then she taught me to screen print and dragged me to "Mullet Festival" after "Mullet Festival". The fish, not the haircut. And we peddled T-Shirts. We would pull all-nighters printing shirts and caps. She had a cat named Norton, I had a dog named Ralphie.

The motorcycle that I rode was a Honda 90. Yes, I was bad to the bone. Temporary tattoos and all. People would just amble, to get out of my way. VROOM!! sputter, sputter....

Now you know EVERYTHING!

Party heartily, Soozy. You deserve it.

Yep, :welcome:

You need to tell us more about Soozy's past... :trust:

:shock:

:nono: , she really doesn't. Soozy's past is Soozy's business, not ours. Shame on you for such a comment. :shame:

:brainsnap :confused: :ponder: Now I'm worried about you, Chuck. Even in jest, this comment seems way out of character. Are you developing a brain tumor or something that is affecting your cognition patterns? :twitch:

Soozy's past? hahahaha!!! There is not enough room for me to post about her past! But let me sum it up for you - I have missed her like crazy for the past 22 years! Last time I saw her, she only had 2 kids.

We met at YCC - Youth Conservation Camp, in Tallahassee. She was the director, I was a counselor. It's still hard for me to believe that parents trusted their kids with us all summer. BIG MISTAKE!

Soozy got me in the first band that I ever played in, an all girl, new wave band, called "The Guise". We sucked. But it started me down a path of rock and roll and destruction. More of the R&R and less of the destruction.

Then she taught me to screen print and dragged me to "Mullet Festival" after "Mullet Festival". The fish, not the haircut. And we peddled T-Shirts. We would pull all-nighters printing shirts and caps. She had a cat named Norton, I had a dog named Ralphie.

The motorcycle that I rode was a Honda 90. Yes, I was bad to the bone. Temporary tattoos and all. People would just amble, to get out of my way. VROOM!! sputter, sputter....

Now you know EVERYTHING!

You forgot about the little birdie.

I am not ashamed of any of my past. I don't mind any stories told from there....even the little birdie one. After all, I thought they were normal brownies and the lesbian camp counseling professor who was grading my camp fire presentation liked me, so I got away with it.

oO0(hehehehehe!)

I am not ashamed of any of my past. I don't mind any stories told from there....even the little birdie one. After all, I thought they were normal brownies and the lesbian camp counseling professor who was grading my camp fire presentation liked me, so I got away with it.

oO0(hehehehehe!)

:rofl: :lol2: :rofl: HAAAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!! :rofl: :lol2: :rofl:

Come on, you take all the fun out of giving Chuck a hard time. :(

Now everyone is going to think you and your little birdie got good grades because the professor thought you were cute, not because of your very high level of personal competence. Everyone that reads this thread will be :loco: with the :scratch:es.

Anyway. I'm not saying a word--they're your stories to share at your choices of place and time.

I know nothing about any little birdies. or brownies. or cub scouts. I maintain complete deniability in all matters bird related. :jammin:

Glad your having fun Susan.

As for your past, we all have our ghost in the closet. Tell the fun stuff.

Not sure I would want all of my past exposed.

But, I'll share the fun stuff to anyone who wants to know.

The painful parts I don't care to re-live.:giveup:

A side note: Since I'm working late I get to ride my Bike to work this week.

Last nights ride home this morning was so great I took the long way around.

The stars were bright, so big and bright!

Wow that reminds me of a song. :clap:

Enjoying the rafting pictures. Missy and I are jealous.

Curtis

I wrote my second grant so the state would pay for that six or eight week program. We had 40 fifteen to eighteen year old boys and girls from all over Florida.living in a rustic setting and being paid to work on environmental projects while learning forestry and conservation. They had to do all their own cooking and hand wash their own clothes. I was just starting to date Ken Francis, so I hired him to do the construction projects with the kids, and Marianne answered an ad for a full time live-in counselor for the program. She walked into my office like she owned the place. I liked her instantly.

Doing the YCC program is the hardest I have ever worked even compared to producing stadium sized concerts which took 72 hours straight without sleep or compared to the last 7 years of working 7 days a week.

So on to the continuing adventure...

We went down the river again yesterday and had a lovely time. We were a worn out and more subdued group, so we motivated ourselves with the plan to have sushi at the end of our trip. Can you believe you can get world class sushi in Buena Vista on Wednesday nights? Eddy is a river guide as well as sous chef. The eel was like a party of flavors in your mouth!!

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

The meal was followed by the Four Corners Rafting Staff Party. We all camped out at Little Cambodia and went through a tremendous rain during the night. I was not aware of it...my little tent was dry and warm. Hannah got soaked.

We went to an early breakfast and saw this giant dog. Hannah knew it was a Pyrennes. His name is Bear.

IMG_0917.jpg

We are off to do some hiking today and the Blowing Up the Bridge Party is tonight.

Good sushi and a big, wet dog. Who could ask for more?

It's amazing the good food you can find in unexpected places. Some of the best Mexican food I've had outside of Mexico was in Seattle. Go figure.

I know nothing about any little birdies. or brownies. or cub scouts. I maintain complete deniability in all matters bird related. :jammin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So, Soozy, when is the No Real Reason to Party Party?

Back