• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The search is on again - WTB good work truck

Any thoughts on the Ford 6.0 engine when "Bulletproofed"? I keep seeing those and just not sure I would want to trust it. I already had one of Ford's disasters (5.4l) and don't care for another.

That would be a big NOPE for me. My brother just bought a 'bulletproofed' 6.0. I bet he's not been able to put 500 miles on it since later January (when purchased). Its just been able to run enough to actually drive it. He's already put another $4k into the truck. A portion of that have been electrical problems.

I'd rather have a 7.3 with 300K+ mi than a bulletproofed 6.0 with 150k.

Later,
CJB

Last edited:
Keep on looking. I sold some really nice trucks over the years with low miles. They are out there.
:thumb: :thumb: When I see an exceptionally clean older vehicle in a parking lot I put a note with my ph number on the windshield wiper asking about selling it. Always tell them I am an individual. Works pretty well.

I've seen too many 6.0 disasters to trust one, even if "bulletproofed." I'm sure there are folks out there with trouble-free 6.0 trucks, but that engine has earned a horrible reputation and I'd stay away.

Like many others in this thread, I'm a 7.3 fan. I had a 2002 Excursion with the 7.3 and I stupidly traded it away a few years ago. I put 231k miles on that truck and the only mechanical failures it ever suffered were a burned out starter and a bad AC compressor. I kept it stock with no mods (other than a 3" lift and 33" tires...which happened to fix the front-end wandering issue that Excursions were known for), stayed current with scheduled maintenance and the drivetrain itself was boringly reliable. I've bought/sold/traded dozens of vehicles over the years and that is the only time I ever regretted letting one go. Heck, I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it again...

Thanks for the feedback, I see them all the time but have not heard anything positive. The 7.3l is what I am looking for.

Thanks on the phone number idea. I see nice ones all the time and never thought of doing that.

1621381369861.jpeg
well it does say it's a Work Truck. Got a spare $27k lying around?

Good luck finding a good Ford with a 7.3 in it I was luck when bought my 79 in Jan of 19 ,had to put another $3500 in it but it made a 7000 mile 90 day or so vacation pulling a 6500 lb. rv my V strom, generater in the bed
with only 2 O-crap problems, injector wire came lose pulling a grade coming in to Durago and power steering hose broke in laramie WY that's was not bad for a truck with 300,000 on it . Have no idea what the guy I got it from had spent but there was a lot of new parts on it the only thing thing I can say if you find 98 are older the transmission are a week link there a converted C 6 so check them out good, if the motor is good everything else is easy

My brother might be willing to sell his “death trap.” That is what he calls it. Located in Weatherford TX at Anchor Brie fence company. He is usually at his Duramex location also in Weatherford. Just let me know if you are interested.

It is a Ford F 250 with the 7.3. I think it looks decent.

My brother might be willing to sell his “death trap.” That is what he calls it. Located in Weatherford TX at Anchor Brie fence company. He is usually at his Duramex location also in Weatherford. Just let me know if you are interested.

It is a Ford F 250 with the 7.3. I think it looks decent.
Definitely interested. I'll send you a pm

About to head home from the office. I'll call you back in a few minutes. Thanks

A good buddy of mine was just telling me he is looking to sell his 02 Chevy 1500hd looking to get about 6k.
6.0L 4l80
Extended cab

Back