• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Notice date change to Saturday the 8th..........February meet and greet and eat.

Saturday is usually naw good for me. I went to Crazy Gal last Sunday and was willing to return to Burnet regardless of weather as I need the mileage and my bike is currently filthy.

I agree on the Sat change....way better ridin weather...especially to get more folks from afar.
Burnet aint far for me....but I can make it so....after lunch
IN

If anyone wants me to bring somethin I have listed....speak up...check my threads in ForSale forum
Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree on the Sat change....way better ridin weather...especially to get more folks from afar.
Burnet aint far for me....but I can make it so....after lunch

Will you be leading a after ride Saturday?

We'll prob be a bit late gettn down there due to the mornin low temps...but..yes....Im gonna use up some nice weather while we got it after lunch.
Should be there by 11:30.....I think

Where are y’all riding to after the meetup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20200208_113020.jpg

Pie makes me happy

Jus pulled in for the day....about 300mi or so of skinny pavement ...& some FMs

The T.P.E.E. (Trademark Post Eatin Excursion) had some perfect weather today. TWT Welcome to Keith with Drew ridin along too.

Pork chops tater salad & macncheez was pretty tasty....although no room for dessert

Mama's Home Cooking is a winner. My burger was great although next time I'll go for the 1/3 pound, rather than the 1/2 pound <🤢>; o-rings were very good too. Apologies for the abrupt departure: grandkids are now the top priority.

I had a great ride and great lunch yesterday. KP: thanks for organizing, again.

I can't explain it, but I did over 250 miles and was basically never in traffic. On the way out on Lime Creek, there were only two cars I encountered going my direction. BOTH pulled over before I could even get close to them. What gentlemen! Then, I followed a car on 1431 for about 2 miles. He turned onto Cow Creek right before me. But he ALSO pulled over and let me pass. So courteous! Then Cow Creek, 1174 south to 1431 again, to 341, 340, 335 and 330 into Burnet - zero cars. After lunch was the same thing. 580 is amazing, and NO ONE was on it. Did about 15 miles of dirt roads south of San Saba - empty. Stayed clear even on Hamilton Pool Rd. 71 in Bee Caves had traffic, but it was moving along just fine. Full route attached..
(looks like the GPX viewer can only display one track. the 'TO Burnet' piece is in there, but not visualized on the map...)

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 20200209070453-32167-data.gpx
    344.2 KB · Views: 145
Sorry so late have not been on computer. We had 16 if I remember right. Good food including pie. Good to meet Keith a new member from Brownwood. Had a nice after ride with Rod and Keith. See you next time.

It's probably better that we don't meet with all of the CDC warnings these days. It might be tough to find an open diner.

It's probably better that we don't meet with all of the CDC warnings these days. It might be tough to find an open diner.

Rain chances have fallen to 30% so might see if I can find one open for Sunday. Not too worried about the CDC warnings I'm a rebel!:rofl:

Back