• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

November 10th sign in for Gatesville Meet n Greet n Eatin with A Side O Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
We are a go. Seems like we have interest in doing the Gatesville location again due to the wash out for most of you last time. Sunday 11 AM downtown Gatesville,Texas. If you are needing to avoid chores or just ride this is your excuse. Saw a lot of new and familiar faces last time,lets do this again. Like to get up to fifteen-thirty like last time so how do you feel up for some good food and some cooler weather? Already have given the dinner heads up and only need to get a running count. Please log in if you are thinking of showing up for the festivities. The more the merrier. Look at the pics of all the food from last time and that should tempt you alone.

Thank all of you that braved the wacky weather and showed up at the first M@G. Was nice to see all the new faces,hope to spend more time visiting next time thru. Thanks to Rod for the thread title.

It is official now November 10th at The Feed Mill in Gatesville part deux. Please post up if your are a go and we will see you there Sunday at or about 11AM

The "IN" crowd......
WhiteyTrashed
Kat013
WoodButcher
Mr2mch
Kickstand~prophet
CleatusJ
Ghostrider64
Lady Ghost
Zephyr
KamLeeR
Vfaame
NT Slim
Rick M
rhodyne
dsavage +1
Jbay
Red Brown +3-4
swoody126
sodapop
ZigZag

Maybe:
chiricahua
rostov
Liteitup
Simmons1
shanedman
Thomas M
slowoldguy

Last edited:
Re: Feeler for Novembers Meet n Greet N Eatin with A Side O Ride.

In my case, distance from Houston is key for a RTE.
Maybe if I camp...:ponder:

I'm interested. Don't forget bee earless is planning a camping trip sometime in Nov. already.

In my case, distance from Houston is key for a RTE.
Maybe if I camp...:ponder:

That does make sense for me.
Gatesville is 3.5 hours of slow cruising for me.
Much further is on the borderline.
I generally work until 1am on Saturdays , so getting up early is a challenge sometimes.

I'm interested. Don't forget bee earless is planning a camping trip sometime in Nov. already.

We are working that out already. Will post when plans come together. KP

Being as October was kind of a washout due to the weather, I would suggest repeating the location in November. It sounds like a fantastic location. Going forward I will only offer that fixed locations are much easier to administer for a regular regional meetup. Picking, posting and notifying locations is a PITR.

Being as October was kind of a washout due to the weather, I would suggest repeating the location in November. It sounds like a fantastic location. Going forward I will only offer that fixed locations are much easier to administer for a regular regional meetup. Picking, posting and notifying locations is a PITR.

I have had people say lets have it there again. Really want to move it around some so we can meet different riders. Kind a one north,one east,one south,one west deal.

The heavy rains cut the show-ups in half. Hopefully the weather will be nice for this next one. Location still up in the air.

Finding good places to eat is what takes time. I like to check them out first. So I have to go Sundays or take a day off to make sure they are good enough for my buddies.

I tend to agree with Kurt about hitting the same place again. I was looking forward to trying it out, but the rain kept me home.

I'd be up for a Gatesville redeaux.

Another place to consider is "Sister's Cafe" in Marlin. Texas Monthly tagged it as one of the top old time cafe's. I tried it for lunch the other day. Food was outstanding. Now, they make everything by hand and don't cook anything until you order it. Fastfood it ain't. We'd need to coordinate with them about the menu and such. They can deal with 30 folks, no problem. Great parking just outside the glass front.

Camping? Ft. Parker SP is a cool place. Need to check the distance but it seems within striking range. Falls on the Brazos park is just outside of Marlin. Not sure about camping there...never tried to. FWIW

I'm probably up for it; couldn't make the first one. I think keeping it in the same location will make it easier to coordinate. Gatesville is a doable distance for me, though, so I'm biased (any further north and I'm out).

We could also do a N-E-S-W rotation, repeated 3 times a year.

Drew... put me down as another in line for a Feed Mill repeat.

....NOT just cuz it's soooo close for me....(although that would be selfishly logical)
but BECAUSE it's soooooo GOOD
...& a lot of folks didn't get ta try it ..... Weather or NOT

Drew... Keep in mind that the Dallas Progressive Motorcycle Show is goin on Nov 8-9-10th. A bunch o folks will be wantin to go to the show on Sunday so a bit of rearrangin might be in order. Either a different weekend... or a move to a location nearer the show may be the ticket....

Of course.... The show DOES run for 3 days.....??? mabe folks will rearrange their show trip instead?

Drew... Keep in mind that the Dallas Progressive Motorcycle Show is goin on Nov 8-9-10th. A bunch o folks will be wantin to go to the show on Sunday so a bit of rearrangin might be in order. Either a different weekend... or a move to a location nearer the show may be the ticket....

Of course.... The show DOES run for 3 days.....??? mabe folks will rearrange their show trip instead?

Working on it now.

Attention attention attention there might be two Meet and Greets in November still working out some details and will post up as soon as all the plans are finalized. One north and one south west of me. Get your permission slips early and get ready for more good grub and company. KP

The long promised and much delayed mon-fri work week is slowly coming into view... So that opens the door for sat-sun camping trips. Depending on where and when and good ol' Mother Nature--YES! (i am not very cold-hardy.)
But I want to ride and ride and camp as much time and money and good company will allow.

This one might just be a lunch without the camp out unless a bunch of you say otherwise. Interested in meeting more of you so if you have never been to one of the several M@Gs on TWT sign on up and we will see you soon.

Lunch is good for me also. Saturday's are hard for me to get off from work. November 10th is perfect.

Sent from some jerk texting while riding.

Lunch is good for me also. Saturday's are hard for me to get off from work. November 10th is perfect.

Sent from some jerk texting while riding.

It will always be on :sun:days.

I'd be up for a Gatesville redeaux.

Another place to consider is "Sister's Cafe" in Marlin. Texas Monthly tagged it as one of the top old time cafe's. I tried it for lunch the other day. Food was outstanding. Now, they make everything by hand and don't cook anything until you order it. Fastfood it ain't. We'd need to coordinate with them about the menu and such. They can deal with 30 folks, no problem. Great parking just outside the glass front.

Camping? Ft. Parker SP is a cool place. Need to check the distance but it seems within striking range. Falls on the Brazos park is just outside of Marlin. Not sure about camping there...never tried to. FWIW

Are they open Sundays?

Anyone here had a meal at any of the following places? These are possibles for future M@G if they are good and can handle a crowd of hungry motorcyclists.

Loco Coyote Glen Rose
Roadhouse Bastrop
Hutto Texan Cafe
Liberty Hill Hill Country Cafe
Grand Central Cafe Kingsland

Back