• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

November 10th sign in for Gatesville Meet n Greet n Eatin with A Side O Ride

I am waiting for Rusty to get home. He owns a real camera. I hope he got some good pics.

I uploaded them. Need to switch to a real computer to get them linked.

Had a great time. Good seeing the regulars and meeting some new peeps. Thanks SOG for showing us the twisty way back up north. I'm sure I've been on those roads before, but today was real nice. Nice weather and decent traffic to slow us down.

Stephanie, good luck on your house building trip!

Liteitup, Dahveed, and I showed Rostov a little bit of our paved backyard. Valentin, I hope you enjoyed yourself. Get ready for some dirt shenanigans next time. ;)

Man, it was great! Thank you very much. Very refreshing :eek2: after a few month without bike! :) I was happy to see that there are, looks like, lots of great roads here in Dallas within a couple of hours reach.

And It was great to meet all of you guys and gals!! Lets do it again... :) :trust:

Get ready for some dirt shenanigans next time.
With a bit of guidance I am ready for almost anything! Looking forward to it! :flip:

Oh yeah, good job organizing this Drew. Good turnout , good food, good people and good roads. This is the time of year that motorcycle riding shines in Central Texas.

Good to know, Rostov. And "almost anything" just happens to be what the Centex bunch specializes in. Liteitup did a great job of leading. I simply can't be trusted. ;)

Kicker & SlowFast,

Thanks for organizing the RTE. I enjoyed seeing old friends and my lunch was delicious.

I can't wait for the next one.

:clap:

RB

DARN GOOD LUNCH(got the pork tips & strawberry cobbeler pie, this time)

GREAT TURN OUT

hope you guys had a good ride

loaded up & got home just at sunset

see y'all next year

sw

Rolled in about 5:15 ....& a half. MOST EXCELLENT... Today's after lunch riding group (& I do mean group!) of 10 was just about at the limit of what's still enjoyable without being unmanagable. I hope everyone had fun on some of the Coryell curvys I choze. We kept some in the group guessin at the direction of flight at times... (I'm down with that)

The CRs we rode in the western part of the county are a mish mash of wide open spaces... & little one laners with cattle guards galore....cattle too. The group got progressively smaller as we went along... Rick & Clark (+ Gene) peeling off first at Purmela. Hope ya'll made it back in time for whatever it was. After the southern loop thru Pearl we lost Stephanie & her son to the long slog that would be a return to Houston's humongous hordes. Robert & Drew headed west & south respectively after our rest stop in Evant. Only James & Carolyn left with me after that.

But the ride wasn't over yet..... We completed the tour with a jaunt back to Gatesville & a northerly loop toward Valley Mills so James could ride the Middle Bosque crossing. We ended up droppin off Carolyn on Odle Rd.... Then back in toward home via Hog Creek Rd & Shiloh Church Where Jbay finally split off on FM185.

A GREAT DAY OF RIDIN ...EATIN... & VISTIN.... till the next one

had a bunch o fun, thanks Drew for organizing the MGE and Rod for the county road tour after, got home at dark

IMG_0051_zps28ea0842.jpg

IMG_0050_zps18ee26e8.jpg
IMG_0049_zps76b02b5b.jpg

got to meet some nice folks see ya next time

Traffic? One car. And that Mustang ticked me off. Could you tell?

Yes, I was referring to the light traffic. Few things are as frustrating as getting into a good twisty section of road only to get stuck behind a slow moving vehicle. That Mustang ruined several miles of twisties.

A couple people snuck out before I got the video of the parking lot. I'll start with that. Not a masterpiece by any means, but apparently the mic on the camera picks up Ghostrider really well. :-) Click this first one to see the video.

IMG_5031-L.jpg

IMG_5032-L.jpg

WhitelyTrashed and MisBehavin.
IMG_5033-L.jpg

IMG_5035-L.jpg

IMG_5036-L.jpg

The second time was a real charm Drew. Thanks for organizing the between Pie Run snack. Looking forward to the next one. We had a nice ride out east on 107 across 35 then over to Lott and down to Rogers. Though not as scenic as the east side there were still enough twisties to give me a mild case of arm pump.

kickstand~prophet, thanks for organizing the shindig. Here are a few snaps.

y9ubyvyh.jpg

reja9u2e.jpg

mapazypa.jpg

6y8yzu2e.jpg

uru6y7eq.jpg

jeqyqary.jpg

amamaned.jpg

abune7ah.jpg

Last edited:
Great ride and lunch. Home about 3:00 with 230 miles on the clock. Almost got the GS ready for the first service.

FM217 from Gatesville to Clifton was a great ride and FM1991 from Clifton to Meridian is a good one too.

Dahveed, thanks for the BMW cruise control lesson. Probably tells that in the instructions somewhere, but who has time to read.

Woohoo!! Big turnout in Goatsville! Here's the early crowd.

y5yda3y8.jpg

Probably a dozen more bikes after this . I heard the number 30. Good job guys and gals. Real good group.

Liteitup, Dahveed, and I showed Rostov a little bit of our paved backyard. Valentin, I hope you enjoyed yourself. Get ready for some dirt shenanigans next time. ;)

Enjoyed seeing the Feral Hogs. They weren't flying their colors so no problemo. Got to watch'em like a hawk. Nothing but trouble. ;)

Rick and Clark. Man. I thought y'all mighta passed away. Good to see y'all still breathing fresh air.

In other news, Rod's group should be finishing the first half of their afternoon ride a little after sunset . ;)

Enjoyed seeing a bunch of new faces. I'm fairly sure you didn't enjoy seeing my old one ... but come back anyway. Austin dudes. Remember the campouts at the Ghost Ranch. I was certainly shilling hard enough. And btw I like my impromptu campout slogan "Hey. At least we're not Druids. "

Think it was a final number of 29 which was great. Thank all of you for your gracious comments. Looking forward to seeing you all again and more. Keep tuned for the next one on your way very soon. KP

Sodapop your pictures turned out really well. Did you use your phone or a regular camera?

Too bad that I missed it...

Don't worry well have more. Stay alert plenty other places that would love to have us. That has got to be the most motorcycles ever gathered at The Feed Mill. I made sure to thank the young lady that got us the private party room. I saw people eating the Philly sandwich and beef tips which I have not tried yet. Could give them a try next time I am in town. My favorite is the Chicken Fried Steak.

Back