• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NTX Moto Guzzi mechanic

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Moto Guzzi California that I got from my father. It has been sitting for two years and I'd like to get it going again. FWIW It ran when parked. I know it'll need all new battery, fluids, plugs and a flush of the fuel system but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some surprises along the way. I'd love to throw it on a lift and do it myself but I have a list of projects a mile long and am rapidly heading into a busy time of year for work so I'm hoping that someone knows of a trusted mechanic in North Texas/DFW area that I could possibly send the work to. I had a line on a retired Guzzi mechanic in Kennedale but he didn't work out.

The eventual goal is to attach a sidecar to the bike for my father as it got too heavy for him. He's in his 70s and this was his dream bike, I'd really like to give him a chance to ride the bike again. Any good recommendations out there?

Wash that tank out real good, replace the fuel filter and hoses. pretty much everything on your list can easily be done by someone with moderate mechanical skills.

Things like checking the valves, synching the throttlebodies and even lubing and adjusting cables require more effort.

Eurosport Cycles has a good reputation. But seriously, do as much of the easy stuff as you can to save money. Getting something back on the road will be costly if you let someone esle do the easy stuff.

Wash that tank out real good, replace the fuel filter and hoses. pretty much everything on your list can easily be done by someone with moderate mechanical skills.

Things like checking the valves, synching the throttlebodies and even lubing and adjusting cables require more effort.

Eurosport Cycles has a good reputation. But seriously, do as much of the easy stuff as you can to save money. Getting something back on the road will be costly if you let someone esle do the easy stuff.
Thanks, I might do that. It would mean it will have to sit longer but maybe that's what I should do.

cleaning the ethanol gunk out of that tank real good is key. They might charge you 2 hours of labor just for that. Saving fuel hoses is stupid. throw 'em out. It's an expensive hobby. Saving money where you can will get you new tires or a weekend vacation with your honey.

Are you or your dad a member of MGNOC? I would check there. If not a member, send me your email address and I will forward you a few of the recent newsletters. I am a lifetime member but do not keep up with the news much since I sold my last MG Cali in 2004. If I remember the National MG Owner's rep for Texas lives in Lindale or Little Italy, Tx. Or Mike at MPH Cycles in Houston maybe could recommend someone. Not sure my memory is foggy. If I can help let me know.

Are you or your dad a member of MGNOC? I would check there. If not a member, send me your email address and I will forward you a few of the recent newsletters. I am a lifetime member but do not keep up with the news much since I sold my last MG Cali in 2004. If I remember the National MG Owner's rep for Texas lives in Lindale or Little Italy, Tx. Or Mike at MPH Cycles in Houston maybe could recommend someone. Not sure my memory is foggy. If I can help let me know.
Thank you sir! Check your PMs...

Back