• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nueces Canyon+ Adventure ride II, November 13th & 14th

Bill is actually "NEWBILL".............Who's on first ? :rider:

Odd-If your name is Bill and you ride an 08 KLR you have to go home on Sunday morning. The first trip OldBill and the 2nd NewBill. At least NewBill was on a bike.

Looking forward to both Bills getting back on the road.

OK I'm starting to plan the "Bill back on a bike ride"

I'm ready,

Just need to get a few new bike parts (left side cowling, mirror, and side stand neutral switch wire) as well as grow/fuse a few new body parts. Oh, and a new helmet as well, mine got broken in the crash.

Mr NewBill

Jbay, fellow XRL rider, from Waco not only saved :clap: MY day by giving me a clutch lever to replace the one I broke, but taught me some wise things too. First, always carry KEY spare parts for your bike. Then, be prepared and willing to "pass-it-on" to someone else in need. For all of this, he refused to take a single dime from me!
Thank you :hail: James, Vance

sanderjavant- " At least newbill was on a bike." OOOOOOOOOOHHH ! I can hear " oldbill " calling you now....COME HERE!!.......COME HERE!!........:box:

Vance,

Thanks for letting me use your cell phone to call my wife for a ride home. Looks like I may be changing from Sprint to AT&T if I'm going to continue to ride out in the boonies.

Mr NewBill

Jbay, fellow XRL rider, from Waco not only saved :clap: MY day by giving me a clutch lever to replace the one I broke, but taught me some wise things too. First, always carry KEY spare parts for your bike. Then, be prepared and willing to "pass-it-on" to someone else in need. For all of this, he refused to take a single dime from me!
Thank you :hail: James, Vance

no probelm, im getting new bars, risers and hand guards, won t need the levers

us XRL riders need to stick together, at Garner after a XRL fired up I said "nothing like the sound of a Honda in the morning" and ThumperTx said "as long as he doesn't have to ride it" :lol2: :argh: (he has a tricked out WR250R like all the cool kids)

glad I saw y'all at Camp Wood and got a chance to ride with y'all a bit :thumb:

Just a clarification: It was me (Bill, not Richard) on the blue 2008 KLR that went down on Saturday afternoon. I actually ended up with one dislocated toe, 1 broken toe, and 3 broken bones in my left hand and 2 in my right hand. Seemed like a lot of damage for such a small crash. That's more damage than I ever did in my younger days as a Pro Motocross racer in Southern California circa 1965-1975... Oh well, I'd do the ride again in a heartbeat. I should be back in riding shape in 3-4 weeks or whenever they take (or I cut) the casts off. Looking forward to our next dual-sport ride.

Bill Payne
Sorry about that Bill all you old guys look alike. LOL Hope you heal up fast.

No problem and I hope to heal up pretty quick. I've got 4 bikes in the garage and I always want to ride at least one of them. Just need to find out whether or not they are going to put casts on my hands or just some braces. I'm hoping for ace wraps or some type of removeable braces rather than casts. I'll find out tomorrow morning.

Mr NewBill

no probelm, im getting new bars, risers and hand guards, won t need the levers

us XRL riders need to stick together, at Garner after a XRL fired up I said "nothing like the sound of a Honda in the morning" and ThumperTx said "as long as he doesn't have to ride it" :lol2: :argh: (he has a tricked out WR250R like all the cool kids)

glad I saw y'all at Camp Wood and got a chance to ride with y'all a bit :thumb:

I can only hope the Wr has the stamina that the Honda singles do!
They all sound good in the mornings. Cause that means they are about to GIT IT!!

Newbill - they have new cast's that are black nylon & made with velcro strap's so you can take them off at night. :rider: Ask your doctor about them. I strongly recomend DR.David Peeler Green on ALL hand injury's - MR

Thinking about the next one, "Bills back on a bike ride".

I laid out an always tentative route, roads that I know go through.

I started and ended in Castroville, there is some stuff down here I want to show you. Of course we could meet up along the route and some can peal off up north on Sunday.

Day 1

Day 2

Now we need a date.

But first we need to get the Bills well.

IMG_0625.jpg

One of the vistas on Day 1

Day1.jpg

Day 1

IMG_0901.jpg

Also Day 1, I only have the paved portion on the route, because the dirt part dead ends, but we could do an up and back. Some real desert-scape around the corner.

CIMG0144.jpg

Day 2

day2.jpg

End of Day 2

Sander,

You're up late. I'm in for the "Bills back on their blue bikes" ride. Just need some time to heal up. I'm headed to the orthopedic clinic tomorrow AM to find out about my hands. Right now, the Percocet makes them fell pretty good.

Mr NewBill

Newbill - I sure hope your hand's are ok , they were so puffy & swollen they looked like " MANHANDS"....................but then again you were on a " MANSBIKE " :thumb:

Sander - Im sure he want's to go , but to make thing's worse his wife was in a minor accident saturday & she too is getting checked out today. hopefully she & bill will both be ok. :thumb:

Sander- since they were both on BLUE bike's maybe we could call it the "Blue Your My Boy!" ride ? :rider:

I AM definitely On-Board for next time, with these mandatory provisos: I must talk 2x as much as Ratchet-Jawing-Moss(e)head, I must have photographic evidence of Leadbelly-Moss busting his rear while popping a wheelie and Mossy-Girl is NOT allowed anywhere near a tv while any infomercial is on with Tommy James of the Shondells hosting!!!

The Vanceanator has spoken :thpt:

"NewBill" best wishes for a speady recover. :sun: We all did learn a lesson from this ride that while following in the dust leave yourself some room to see those big ole rocks that just jump up and grap you as you pass.....:rider: Hope your blue one is also ready soon. My red one misses it already... :rofl:

:jammin: I feel fine.....im gonna take my time.....having a real good time.....having a good time.....DRAGGING THE LINE.....DA DA.....DRAGGING THE LINE.....DA DA.......... :drums: Sing it VANCEALOT!

There's just way too much excitement here to miss. Count me in for the Bills vs Gravity II ride. :flip:

Back